• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recount

You might want to Wiki who makes up the ODNI.

I tend to avoid Wikipedia as too many imbeciles are involved in working on it. This is what they say on their own website:
The U.S. Intelligence Community is a coalition of 17 agencies and organizations, including the ODNI, within the Executive Branch that work both independently and collaboratively to gather and analyze the intelligence necessary to conduct foreign relations and national security activities.

Hmm. 17 seems like a really familiar number. I wonder why.

Can you point me to statements from the heads of Coast Guard Intelligence or any of the heads of the 15 intelligence agencies other than DNI and DHS? Do you think Coast Guard Intelligence was deeply involved in uncovering the Russian hackers?

Can you point me to statements from the heads of Coast Guard Intelligence or any of the heads of the 15 intelligence agencies other than DNI and DHS? Do you think Coast Guard Intelligence was deeply involved in uncovering the Russian hackers?

So your position is that a statement from the head of a coalition doesn't represent the views of the members of the coalition?

So your position is that a statement from the head of a coalition doesn't represent the views of the members of the coalition?

They say on their website it's a coalition of 17 agencies, including DNI. Yes, my position is a statement from the head of DNI does not speak for the 16 other heads. If he did there would have been no need for a statement from the head of DHS. Many of the 17 agencies probably are not even involved with Russian hacking. Further, it's bullshit to do what Hillary did and pretend like intelligence agencies aren't politicized.

You know that "the hacking" you are referring to isn't the election, right? It's the DNC emails, which is not what this thread is about.
So whomever hacked the emails thought, I'll just stop here and go about my merry way? They have gotten off without so much as a scratch so far, what would prevent them from choosing to alter votes as well? To be clear, we don't have evidence that they actually altered anything, but we do have evidence that they tried to access multiple State's voting systems. By they, of course, I'm referring to the universe of hackers that participated in shaping the 2016 United States Presidential election on both sides.

I don't think this will put Hillary over the top, but hopefully it will show the hacking community that we won't blindly stand by and allow them to alter our democratic process. I would support this no matter the candidate.

As a relatively unbiased individual, to me, it is readily apparent that this election cycle was heavily influenced by hackers across the board. The fake news stories, the fake twitter accounts, the legitimate hacking attempts and successes, and all the misinformation spread across the internet aren't indications to me that your average joe is out there doing these things. It was a concerted, sophisticated, and technical effort and it worked. That is what is frightening to me.

So whomever hacked the emails thought, I'll just stop here and go about my merry way? They have gotten off without so much as a scratch so far, what would prevent them from choosing to alter votes as well? To be clear, we don't have evidence that they actually altered anything, but we do have evidence that they tried to access multiple State's voting systems. By they, of course, I'm referring to the universe of hackers that participated in shaping the 2016 United States Presidential election on both sides.

I don't think this will put Hillary over the top, but hopefully it will show the hacking community that we won't blindly stand by and allow them to alter our democratic process. I would support this no matter the candidate.

As a relatively unbiased individual, to me, it is readily apparent that this election cycle was heavily influenced by hackers across the board. The fake news stories, the fake twitter accounts, the legitimate hacking attempts and successes, and all the misinformation spread across the internet aren't indications to me that your average joe is out there doing these things. It was a concerted, sophisticated, and technical effort and it worked. That is what is frightening to me.

What we have here is a 'vast red-wing conspiracy'....

They say on their website it's a coalition of 17 agencies, including DNI. Yes, my position is a statement from the head of DNI does not speak for the 16 other heads. If he did there would have been no need for a statement from the head of DHS. Many of the 17 agencies probably are not even involved with Russian hacking. Further, it's bullshit to do what Hillary did and pretend like intelligence agencies aren't politicized.

You know that the DNI is a person, not an agency, right?

And that person is the head of the 16 member intelligence collation. So he literally speaks for the 16.

And that the DHS is a separate department that's not part of that coalition?

You know that the DNI is a person, not an agency, right?

And that person is the head of the 16 member intelligence collation. So he literally speaks for the 16.

And that the DHS is a separate department that's not part of that coalition?

Go look at their website. On the frontpage. DHS is indeed listed as one of the intelligence agencies.

I'm not saying that there is certainly evidence of hacking or alteration. I do think it is disingenuous to say that there hasn't been efforts to access voting systems across the United States during this election cycle, though. IMHO, we can't rule out the fact that there weren't undetected successful attempts.

I support this point of view. There is no reason why we should prohibit or inhibit the inspection of the electronic voting systems to allow cyber security experts to reassure the public that nothing was wrong. Our entire system of government is based on the integrity of voting system and there is no reason not to take some time to reassure the public...it's for the good of the country. I agree that it is high improbable that the Russians actually hacked our systems, but it is not like the election has produced a long form birth certificate yet...why won't they just release the long form so we can put this behind us.

Because the Coast Guard intelligence branch, not the whole DHS, is overseen by the DNI

No. Both Coast Guard Intelligence and DHS are listed. Go look at their website. Anyway, this is a waste of time. If you have a complaint take it up with the National Review author of that article.

Putin is a genius. He knew to hack "blue states" Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania but somehow left alone swing states Ohio, Florida and North Carolina.

You libs are fucking idiots

Last edited:
I never said I supported the recount.

However, all seventeen US intelligence agencies and the Senate and House Intelligence Committees agree the hacking was done by the Russians.

Here's one of hundreds of such lnik: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/27/us/politics/spy-agency-consensus-grows-that-russia-hacked-dnc.html

"WASHINGTON — American intelligence agencies have told the White House they now have “high confidence” that the Russian government was behind the theft of emails and documents from the Democratic National Committee, according to federal officials who have been briefed on the evidence.

But intelligence officials have cautioned that they are uncertain whether the electronic break-in at the committee’s computer systems was intended as fairly routine cyberespionage — of the kind the United States also conducts around the world — or as part of an effort to manipulate the 2016 presidential election.

The emails were released by WikiLeaks, whose founder, Julian Assange, has made it clear that he hoped to harm Hillary Clinton’s chances of winning the presidency. It is unclear how the documents made their way to the group. But a large sampling was published before the WikiLeaks release by several news organizations and someone who called himself “Guccifer 2.0,” who investigators now believe was an agent of the G.R.U., Russia’s military intelligence service."

Do you support the recount?

This is just incredibly silly and a waste of time. I suspect the real purpose is to ensure some states can't "vote" in the electoral college timely. The odds of any state being overturned are tiny.
Pretty sure there is a deadline the recount must be completed by. Oh well stein is gonna stein just like Russian hackers are gonna hack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Back