• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rectify

discdude

Lampin in the cut
Reaction score
Anyone watch this? I caught up yesterday, and I have to say that I really thought it is well done. It is from the producers of Breaking Bad. I think this has the potential to have some staying power. I can say that I am hooked.

sounds like the name of a bad christian rock band

It is set in small town Georgia. The whole community is very Bible-bangy. It looks like its about to get very Christiany. Some good old born again craziness.

watched the first hour. i'd call it very slow.

I'm always wary of things "from the producers of...", but it seems like I could get on board with this. Will it actually stay on AMC or does it move to Sundance Channel (which I don't get) at some point?

I'm always wary of things "from the producers of...", but it seems like I could get on board with this. Will it actually stay on AMC or does it move to Sundance Channel (which I don't get) at some point?

It is on Sundance (the same ownership entity runs AMC and Sundance). I was apprehensive of the from the producers of notion, but this is legit. It's got some similarities (good traits of Breaking Bad) that make the show for me. It is very slow, but I am really drawn into how well they portray the main characters adjustment both physically and philosophically. I think this show has se really interesting meditations on how we perceive our movement through life (I know sounds crunchy).

Abigale Corrigan, who plays Jared's girlfriend Claire, is from Charlotte.
I knew I had seen Abigail Spencer somewhere before. Of course, she played Suzanne Farrell, Sally's teacher, and one of Don's finest dalliances, on Mad Men.

Anyone watching season 2? I just got through the first 5 eps on demand. I think this season is well done so far.

Been tempted but haven't seen it yet. The premise/backstory is very interesting. The creator, Ray McKinnon, is becoming a prominent figure in modern Southern Gothic movies/shows. He was great in his small role in Brother Where Art Thou but really came home in Chrystal with Billy Bob Thornton who is certainly Southern Gothic royalty. I'll check this out solely b/c McKinnon is involved.

I am watching, really hooked, on ep3 season 2 though

Am starting to wonder if they are ever going to reveal what happend 20 years ago at the stream though

Coincidentally, I just started watching this show since the first season was recently added to Netflix. We've watched the 1st two episodes of the first season so far and I'm liking it. I realize how much I like stuff set in small southern towns -- this, Junebug, Eastbound & Down, etc.

This is a fantastic show, one of the best of any current shows.

Oh man, that scene in the last episode of Season 1. "I know you. I know you. I know you." Powerful shit.

What an awesome show. It's really cool that we live in a time when interesting, beautiful little shows like this can exist.

So I just started watching this show thanks mostly to the recs in this thread, and my god. I'm 4 episodes in, and I love it. What a beautiful, powerful show. I definitely see some bits of Breaking Bad shining through, especially in the way they create and release tension. The acting is generally incredible, too. Spencer in particular is great to watch, and it makes me wish Mad Men had given her a bigger role.

Does the quality hold up throughout season 2?

So I just started watching this show thanks mostly to the recs in this thread, and my god. I'm 4 episodes in, and I love it. What a beautiful, powerful show. I definitely see some bits of Breaking Bad shining through, especially in the way they create and release tension. The acting is generally incredible, too. Spencer in particular is great to watch, and it makes me wish Mad Men had given her a bigger role.

Does the quality hold up throughout season 2?

Yup. It is a little less self-reflective, but it is just as damn good.

I'm caught up. Best show that gets the least attention. Very excited there will be a 3rd season.

Just started this and finished the first season in a couple of days. I'm on like episode three or four of the 2nd season and can say that I have never had such a powerful reaction to a show. A lot has to do with my state of mind these days, but there are many moments every episode that have just given me a gut punch. Very well made and powerful; evocative. Great performances all around.

The Goat episode in season 1 freaked me out a little so I had to stop, but on the second watch I got the tone a lot better. I was having a super weird day when I watched it initially.

Anyway, good shit, can't wait to finish.

Back