• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Redskins Name Change Thread

would dan snyder or anyone refer to native americans as redskins to their faces?

If there is nothing wrong with the name, and it's a source of pride, why not call it the Redskins Foundation?

there probably already is a Redskins Foundation for general stuff...most teams have one (Lakers Foundation, Spurs Foundation, etc).

Trying to think of a recent example of a more transparent PR move….. can’t think of anything…..

Many have made the argument that there are more important issues that Native Americans should focus their energy on. Snyder clearly wants to take that side of the argument and run with it. “While you people are arguing over a name, I’m out there actually helping communities…. through…. OAF.” (haha)

Now Snyder has ramped up the fight with a masterful PR gambit: he's started a foundation to aid Native Americans. The Washington Redskins Original American Foundation, with the unfortunate acronym OAF, is designed to help Native Americans with their greatest challenges.

Link

Leave the Redskins name alone... It's not offensive and for those who think it is, get a fucking life... Geez, everyone is always offended over something.... The freaking name has been fine for 100 years and all the sudden the name is degrading.. The only "redskins" or "indian" that comes to mind when watching the redskins is a black man who dresses up as a indian every week at the football games.. Go on to the next cause and leave the name alone...

Leave the Redskins name alone... It's not offensive and for those who think it is, get a fucking life... Geez, everyone is always offended over something.... The freaking name has been fine for 100 years and all the sudden the name is degrading.. The only "redskins" or "indian" that comes to mind when watching the redskins is a black man who dresses up as a indian every week at the football games.. Go on to the next cause and leave the name alone...

Well that settles it. We're done here folks.

Starting to hear people saying the Sterling Silver ruling puts pressure on Goddell to do something about Snyder and the Redskins.

I have no idea if the name will change in my life time or not. But I have complete confidence that Snyder will find a way to wade through this in the most clumsy and ungraceful way possible.

This is just the beginning.

Back