• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Redskins Name Change Thread

You guys have D-Jax. You'll be fine. Once you start winning all of this PC bullshit will blow over.

Just change the name to "Washington Spear Chuckers" and be done with it.

I'm offended at all this PC bullshit. What the big deal? Manifest Destiny right? God, guns and glory!!!

I think Dan Snyder should call a press conference about this commercial and make people think he's gonna apologize. All the reporters show up and everything. And then Snyder comes into the room riding a horse. Everybody is like wtf. But he gets up to the podium, still on the horse, and everyone sees that the horse is cross-eyed, his tongue is kinda hanging out to the side, he's drooling, his mane is growing in like 13 different directions.

Then Snyder starts talking real sanctimoniously, he's like "LET ME INTRODUCE YOU PEOPLE TO MY FRIEND, HORACE THE HORSE. PLEASE GIVE HIM A ROUND OF APPLAUSE." The press doesn't know what the hell is happening but they cheer this fucking horse just for the hell of it. Everyone is super confused, especially Horace.

Then Snyder continues, "Horace has had a rough go of it. He's a little bit slow. He got held back 4 times in horse school. He gets made fun of by all the other horses. Making friends is damn near impossible for Horace." Snyder pauses and pretends he's getting emotional. "But you know what hurts Horace the most? You know what truly hurts this friendly guy more than anything? It's not his mother who tells him he's worthless or his classmates who tie his hoofs together or his father who beats him for drooling on his new horseshoes. The person who really hurts him the most IS GODDAMN CRAZY HORSE!!! How can someone be so cruel as to name himself after horses like poor Horace, horses who barely stand a chance. I suppose Mentally Handicapped Horse didn't sound cool enough, so Crazy Horse decided he'd take a cheap shot at the less fortunate! I find that repulsive. SHAME ON YOU, CRAZY HORSE!!!!."

And then Snyder leaves the room real confidently, still riding Horace. After he gets out of sight, he's beaming, he hops off Horace. He turns to his assistant, high fives him, and says "Alright nailed that. You can shoot this motherfucker now."

I think Dan Snyder should call a press conference about this commercial and make people think he's gonna apologize. All the reporters show up and everything. And then Snyder comes into the room riding a horse. Everybody is like wtf. But he gets up to the podium, still on the horse, and everyone sees that the horse is cross-eyed, his tongue is kinda hanging out to the side, he's drooling, his mane is growing in like 13 different directions.

Then Snyder starts talking real sanctimoniously, he's like "LET ME INTRODUCE YOU PEOPLE TO MY FRIEND, HORACE THE HORSE. PLEASE GIVE HIM A ROUND OF APPLAUSE." The press doesn't know what the hell is happening but they cheer this fucking horse just for the hell of it. Everyone is super confused, especially Horace.

Then Snyder continues, "Horace has had a rough go of it. He's a little bit slow. He got held back 4 times in horse school. He gets made fun of by all the other horses. Making friends is damn near impossible for Horace." Snyder pauses and pretends he's getting emotional. "But you know what hurts Horace the most? You know what truly hurts this friendly guy more than anything? It's not his mother who tells him he's worthless or his classmates who tie his hoofs together or his father who beats him for drooling on his new horseshoes. The person who really hurts him the most IS GODDAMN CRAZY HORSE!!! How can someone be so cruel as to name himself after horses like poor Horace, horses who barely stand a chance. I suppose Mentally Handicapped Horse didn't sound cool enough, so Crazy Horse decided he'd take a cheap shot at the less fortunate! I find that repulsive. SHAME ON YOU, CRAZY HORSE!!!!."

And then Snyder leaves the room real confidently, still riding Horace. After he gets out of sight, he's beaming, he hops off Horace. He turns to his assistant, high fives him, and says "Alright nailed that. You can shoot this motherfucker now."

That. Just. Might. Work.

It's not Danny Snyder's fault that the injuns here in the good ol' US and A didn't have guns before the Euros did. They got their asses kicked up and down the prairie. Maybe if they applied themselves and discovered something with a little more firepower they could be naming their football teams the Washington Honkies.

Does anyone else think it would be funny to change the team name to the Washington WASPs? (White Anglo-Saxon Protestants) I'd love to see the PC crowd take aim at that one.

Who gives a crap what the Presbyterian College crowd would think about that?

Does anyone else think it would be funny to change the team name to the Washington WASPs? (White Anglo-Saxon Protestants) I'd love to see the PC crowd take aim at that one.

Generally when posts mention things like the "PC crowd," they aren't funny. Guess that makes me uptight and part of said crowd.

A guy in my gym this morning asked if I'd seen the commercial. He said he didn't care about the name one way or the other but after seeing that commercial he thinks it should be changed. I'd guess more pressure is going to start being applied.

I'd swap Redskins for Bullets but if that can't happen I say change the name to the Washington Warriors and keep everything else the same.

Back