• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Reliving the 1995 ACC Tournament

Childress still looks like he's 21 and could jump in a game and drop 25.

Chill was a coach on the floor and could walk the walk. When Duke had us down, he said " give me the ball." He said the same thing in the last minutes of the UNC game . He refused to lose. He was the winner we don't have on our team now.

Watching those highlights it is hard to believe we went on to lose to OK St. in the big dance. I know those are highlights but damn we looked good. Chill was absolutely drained at the end of the final. His Herculean effort during the tourney probably weakened him and led to him getting sick for the OK St. game which is the only way we lost.

That season was great. It was my sister's sophomore year @ Wake and my mom and I got season tickets and would drive from TN for each home game (even weeknight ACC games)

Twenty years ago today, Randolph hit the game winning shot.

That 95 team was our best chance to win a Natty. If Chill had been 100% in the NCAAT, I think we would have at least made the final four and maybe had won it all.

Back