• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans: Are you proud of/happy with the state of your party?

?

• yes

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • no

Votes: 18 52.9%

• Total voters
1) War in Middle East, Russia, North Korea, anywhere else where they are "not with us, so against us"
2) austerity
3) double down on trickle down - lower taxes for top earners, higher for working/middle class
4) no healthcare for the poor, cuts in services (see #2)
5) eliminate minimum wage
6) build walls or some shit
7) ultimately no EPA or very lax pollution regulations, free market solution to pollution I guess
8) lax financial sector regs, free market solution I guess
9) lax gun control, more guns = safety
10) eliminate legal abortion, back to coat-hangers in back alleys
11) education for profit, free market solution for education or something

what am I forgetting?

this has to be reposted. it really sums up the national GOP platform and it's true effects.

So 532 people are representative of an entire party? 160 people answered that questions stupidly. GTFO.

The results of this poll are almost certainly statistically significant FWIW. That's how polling works.

The results of this poll are almost certainly statistically significant FWIW. That's how polling works.

But when hundreds of thousands of Islamic militants wage violent, unprovoked jihad against unarmed civilians, they aren't representative of their faith. That's how lying works.

But when hundreds of thousands of Islamic militants wage violent, unprovoked jihad against unarmed civilians, they aren't representative of their faith. That's how lying works.

False equivalency. One is methodology in polling generally through random sampling while yours are hand-picked examples of a considerably larger data set.

ETA: well-played DG3. It is false equivalency though - almost textbook definition of it.

False equivalency. One is methodology in polling generally through random sampling while yours are hand-picked examples of a considerably larger data set.

ETA: well-played DG3. It is false equivalency though - almost textbook definition of it.

160 people define half the country? Idiot UR.

IIRC from stats class you need something like 385 people or so to reach a 95% confidence level with a 5% margin of error where the population size is the entire United States. I would imagine that you would need either the same or fewer where the population is registered Republican voters.

I got an A, thanks! 160 people are as significant as the shit I took this morning.

This is just blatantly incorrect from a statistics point. Regardless of the question we are discussing.

Plugged this into a sample size calculator using 55 million as population size (registered Republican voters).

With a sample size of 532 (which is a pretty large sample size), at 95% confidence level the margin of error is 4.25%. At 99% confidence level the margin of error is 5.58%.

It's safe to say that the results of this poll indicate that, worst case, roughly 1 in 4 primary Republican voters are in favor of bombing Agrabah.

to be fair Agrabah was a pretty rough place

Back