• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

I wanted to respond, but im not really sure what the fuck bacon and wrangor are talking about. Condoms are a preperation for abortion?

No, they are a preparation for your second abortion. Duh

the-three-party-system.gif

Vox takes us back to a time when this was supposed to be a strong Republican field.
http://www.vox.com/2015/8/5/9100171/donald-trump-gop

But the bigger point is that this time was supposed to be different. The 2012 GOP nomination was supposed to be an aberration. It was a mess. The base seemed desperate to nominate anyone who wasn't Mitt Romney. At different times, Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Rick Perry, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, and, yes, Donald Trump, all led the polls.
The common explanation for the crazy, carousel-like nature of the campaign was that the Republican field was weak. The young Republican stars who thrilled Republicans in 2010 and 2012 — Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, Paul Ryan, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Scott Walker, and so on — weren't running. The 2012 GOP field was a throwback to the pre–Tea Party GOP. It represented a party that conservatives had already begun to replace. The new leaders — the leaders who felt current to the moment — weren't yet ready to run. But they would be soon.
"The past few election cycles have been grim," wrote Joseph Curl at the Washington Times. "The Republican Party went with Sen. John McCain because, well, it was his turn (just like in 1996 with Sen. Bob Dole). Pretty much the same thing in 2012 with Mitt Romney." But the future, he said, was bright. "Republicans are sitting on the deepest bench they've had in decades."

My girlfriend yells AT ME when I tell her about these discussions on here. I said hey don't shoot the messenger. She said I should be more adamant about womens' rights than I am.

I said okay and sat there silently.

:(

why are you talking to your girlfriend about "discussions" on here

Slavery is a legal institution in this country. I don't see why a landowner should be limited in which legal contracts they enter into (within the bounds of proper morals of their community). People fighting proxy wars over issues by dragging in abolition is ridiculous.

Love,

It's a pretty big "part" of the not needing an abortion part, and contraception isn't "prepping" for the abortion process either. So it's for the post-abortion period when concern over preventing pregnancies kicks in? And you don't want to provide it until women have already gotten pregnant once and had an abortion? Interesting

Try really hard this time:D
Woman goes in for abortion, PP provides services...pap smear, STD, counseling...services that are routine prep/part of the abortion process. Then abortion happens and then the doc's like, "Yo, since you like to bang, here's a 12 month script for some birth control...a lot easier than coming back in here". Not all the contraceptive services are tagged on to abortions, but I'm assuming most, if not all women who come in for abortions are automatically prescribed contraception

"Prescott Bush, former United States Senator from Connecticut and grandfather of George W. and Jeb Bush, served as Planned Parenthood’s treasurer when they launched their first national fundraising effort in 1947."

Not important but interesting

Try really hard this time:D
Woman goes in for abortion, PP provides services...pap smear, STD, counseling...services that are routine prep/part of the abortion process. Then abortion happens and then the doc's like, "Yo, since you like to bang, here's a 12 month script for some birth control...a lot easier than coming back in here". Not all the contraceptive services are tagged on to abortions, but I'm assuming most, if not all women who come in for abortions are automatically prescribed contraception

So we've moved contraception to the not part/prep of an abortion correct?

That could happen before the first abortion if PP stays viable.

Getting a prescription doesn't equal filling and using it. Unless you're suggesting mandatory contraception imposed for a year after an abortion...

Last edited:
Assuming that PAP smear, counseling, STD and contraception are routine parts/prep for an abortion, you'd have 15% (of activities directly related to abortion) as opposed to 3%. I guess my concern isn't really the 3% number, because for the purposes of that report (given that it's some tax based report) 3% is factual and not misleading, but that people have taken that number and misrepresented to mean something else to try and get some political point across is kind of bothersome to me. (again I don't really care about the politics themselves, but people get so self-righteous about there views that I generally like to point out flaws)

All of these services can benefit not pregnant women who aren't getting abortions also.

He will jump out while he's still leading in the polls claiming he would have won.

Trump would have to get out before primary voting actually takes place. Palin's a footnote now for quitting and not running in 2012 or 2016.

Can someone who is good at interneting find a gif of Scott Walker bobbleheading every time Ben Carson was speaking last night? Because it was good times.

Yeah. I noticed that. Walker is such a dweeb. He has to have the least symmetrical face of a major party candidate ever.

Back