• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

OK. We could just compare 300k abortions to numbers of STD tests, PAP smear, counseling services, breast exams, men's health visits. That is not so misleading. And even if other services are rolled into abortion services and we recouple the numbers, it's still a small portion of what they actually do.

Assuming that PAP smear, counseling, STD and contraception are routine parts/prep for an abortion, you'd have 15% (of activities directly related to abortion) as opposed to 3%. I guess my concern isn't really the 3% number, because for the purposes of that report (given that it's some tax based report) 3% is factual and not misleading, but that people have taken that number and misrepresented to mean something else to try and get some political point across is kind of bothersome to me. (again I don't really care about the politics themselves, but people get so self-righteous about there views that I generally like to point out flaws)

0602a6955170d2f81e0730fde2341dbc72d27fce4b1e129f9562ab26c3c6b66a.jpg

Assuming that PAP smear, counseling, STD and contraception are routine parts/prep for an abortion, you'd have 15% (of activities directly related to abortion) as opposed to 3%. I guess my concern isn't really the 3% number, because for the purposes of that report (given that it's some tax based report) 3% is factual and not misleading, but that people have taken that number and misrepresented to mean something else to try and get some political point across is kind of bothersome to me. (again I don't really care about the politics themselves, but people get so self-righteous about there views that I generally like to point out flaws)

Yeah as I said I wish I'd never brought the number up in the first place, because it gets into an argument that devalues the larger point. And wrangor gets to use a fast food analogy, which I'm sure makes a lot more sense to him than health policy.

I'm still shocked that people think PP is an organ harvesting plant. Actually, I'm not.

I don't think you understand how contraception and the female body work.

Abortion is a legal medical procedure in this country. I don't see why a health care organization should be limited in which legal medical procedures they perform for their patients (within the bounds of proper medical ethics). People fighting proxy wars over issues by dragging in health care organizations is ridiculous.

contraception is presumably prescribed for women who get abortions...you know...so they are less likely to need another

what about women who don't want to get pregnant in the first place, but like to fuck

contraception is presumably prescribed for women who get abortions...you know...so they are less likely to need another

It's a pretty big "part" of the not needing an abortion part, and contraception isn't "prepping" for the abortion process either. So it's for the post-abortion period when concern over preventing pregnancies kicks in? And you don't want to provide it until women have already gotten pregnant once and had an abortion? Interesting

Last edited:
in this thread, men talk about women's issues and rights and women are smart enough to avoid

i'm pretty sure ITCwife would shoot lasers out of her eyes straight through wrangor and bacon's skulls at this point

That would hurt their baby harvesting business though.

I wanted to respond, but im not really sure what the fuck bacon and wrangor are talking about. Condoms are a preperation for abortion?

My girlfriend yells AT ME when I tell her about these discussions on here. I said hey don't shoot the messenger. She said I should be more adamant about womens' rights than I am.

I said okay and sat there silently.

:(

Back