• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

Says the guy who wrote 200 words on how awesome his life is.

It's called satire. I am well aware that there are few people on this board who would want to be a Mississippi farmer, and by few I mean probably just me. Chill out.

They suck. They nominated trump. It's like a bad dream from which conservatives can't wake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see how down ballot Republicans running for state office and Congress will handle Trump at the top of the ticket. They will consistently field questions about if they are supporting Trump or not and will have to answer for him (or rebuke him) every time he says something inflammatory and outrageous. Not a great position to be in.

The options on the NC 5th district ballot will be a who's who of idiocy. Trump, McCrory, Newton, Folwell, Burr, and Foxx. Can just feel the excitement!

It will be interesting to see how down ballot Republicans running for state office and Congress will handle Trump at the top of the ticket. They will consistently field questions about if they are supporting Trump or not and will have to answer for him (or rebuke him) every time he says something inflammatory and outrageous. Not a great position to be in.

The options on the NC 5th district ballot will be a who's who of idiocy. Trump, McCrory, Newton, Folwell, Burr, and Foxx. Can just feel the excitement!

At risk down ballot candidates were just handed a turd sandwich. Tea party challengers have to licking their chops.

Trump's a pit bull who can't stop attacking. Election was all but officially over yesterday, but Trump still couldn't resist bringing up Cruz's dad and the JFK assassination. WTF?!? Couldn't resist the birthers' siren song. He'll definitely call her a cunt at some point and talk about her ginormous caboose. Somehow Big Foot and/or the Loch Ness Monster will be in the mix. Dude has zero self control.

I hope the Clinton campaign has been preparing for this for months with strategy sessions and focus groups on what plays better for Hillary: attacking back or just sitting back and letting Trump throw mud. Most important part of the entire election from this point forward is going to be how Clinton responds to Trump's bombastic rhetoric towards her which will be misogynistic, downright sexist, and wholly lacking in self-awareness from a hypocrisy perspective.

She needs to focus on getting people to the polls. If she really has to convince enough people that she would be a better president than Trump, she's already lost.

I really think anything could happen in this election, and the simple reason is that too many people see it as a lose-lose proposition. My feeling is there will be a lot of people who stay home and a lot of third party protest votes.

I really think anything could happen in this election, and the simple reason is that too many people see it as a lose-lose proposition. My feeling is there will be a lot of people who stay home and a lot of third party protest votes.

Yup. It is most definitely lose/lose.

I hope the Clinton campaign has been preparing for this for months with strategy sessions and focus groups on what plays better for Hillary: attacking back or just sitting back and letting Trump throw mud. Most important part of the entire election from this point forward is going to be how Clinton responds to Trump's bombastic rhetoric towards her which will be misogynistic, downright sexist, and wholly lacking in self-awareness from a hypocrisy perspective.

Hillary has a temper and can be easily baited, so she needs to keep that in check. Christie had the same problem, but held it together. Trump can't hurl non stop insults for 90 minutes. He'll do well in the business debate, but get smoked on foreign policy. He'll also be frustrated if she doesn't respond.

Timing of Cruz and Kasich dropping out isn't great for Trump. Has zero chance of winning CA in a general election, but out of control riots around his appearances help him. He'll fund raise quite a bit in CA which will cut into his dismissal of donors and there won't be riots in those areas.

I would assume the pace will likely be dictated by Trump, and has two likely outcomes:

A: If the party is able to curve Trump into a less hostile candidate over the next few months, then he still has time to change some Republican minds. If that happens, then Hillary should go on the offensive and make this as much about policies as she can. Whichever one they deem Trump to be weakest on.

B: If Trump continues to be himself, then he will serve as a constant reminder that he is the guy LOTS of Republicans do not like right now. If that happens, then Hillary can likely take a much more passive route and let him finally bury himself.

Of course, option B is what many people thought would have already happened by now, and he just kept going. So who knows.

Last edited:
Trump will have to move right to secure Republicans and move to the middle to get some headway with independents and keep his xenophobic base while trying to get some support from minorities. It's a tough dance.

Trump will have to move right to secure Republicans and move to the middle to get some headway with independents and keep his xenophobic base while trying to get some support from minorities. It's a tough dance.

He will move left socially and move right economically.

Back