• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

No they generally can't, that only applies in extremely limited circumstances. And I'm pretty sure "ooooppppps" is not one of those circumstances.

Well, you and I both know that to be true in the real world, but his question made me dust off the books. The 35A stuff read broader than I thought it would. Basically says a "general guardian can do all health care stuff except x, y, and z (all not pertinent, things like sterilization, etc.), but can do all other things" Saw some secondary stuff from SOG that specifically included withholding LPM's. I was surprised.

By contrast, Chapter 90 (re the D.D.N.D., a/k/a "Living Will") requires physician to join in on the triggering diagnosis (and it contains a conflicts clause giving 90 preference over 32A (HCPOA) in the event of conflict (but not Chapter 35-Guardianship). So...it isn't nearly as broad as our friend dv7 phrased it, but it was closer than I thought.

Well, you and I both know that to be true in the real world, but his question made me dust off the books. The 35A stuff read broader than I thought it would. Basically says a "general guardian can do all health care stuff except x, y, and z (all not pertinent, things like sterilization, etc.), but can do all other things" Saw some secondary stuff from SOG that specifically included withholding LPM's. I was surprised.

By contrast, Chapter 90 (re the D.D.N.D., a/k/a "Living Will") requires physician to join in on the triggering diagnosis (and it contains a conflicts clause giving 90 preference over 32A (HCPOA) in the event of conflict (but not Chapter 35-Guardianship). So...it isn't nearly as broad as our friend dv7 phrased it, but it was closer than I thought.

I also accept your apology.

I am just super magnanimous today!

all law is an illusion. the only thing stopping you from breaking a contract or law is a moral conscious and fear of punishment.

your trolling joke/argument is dumb
I'm not trolling at all, cops play an important active role in preventing crime, which they understand and agreed upon employment, and not some illusionary social compact, they agreed do a job. If they purposefully "slow down" or avoid preventing crime, they are partially responsible for that rise in crime. We can harp on personal responsibility for crime all we want, but in the macro view crime is inevitable and we've created a system based on that inevitability.

Last edited:
Nope, just waiting for Barry and Co. to show up and finish building my business for me. Must be running late.

hmmm, I think you need more tax breaks and some relief from those regs! You are up to your elbows in work just to make ends meet!

I'm not trolling at all, cops play an important active role in preventing crime, which they understand and agreed upon employment. If they purposefully "slow down" or avoid preventing crime, they are partially responsible for that rise in crime. We can harp on personal responsibility for crime all we want, but in the macro view crime is inevitable and we've created a system with that in mind.

In fact, we've created a system that thrives on large portions of the population being imprisoned or owning money to local governments.

hmmm, I think you need more tax breaks and some relief from those regs! You are up to your elbows in work just to make ends meet!

The Code and Regulations are Manna from Arlington. They are the work.

Ideally, yes, except in cases of rape and incest. But I'm a realist. I think we're gradually reaching a reasonable compromise on the issue in which the proper restrictions on abortion are discouraging the practice. From what I've seen, the majority of Americans are in the pro-choice/anti-abortion camp and the pro-abortion and anti-choice folks are just using the issue to rally their bases.

Sorry but you aren't anti abortion if you are pro choice. You are just ambivalent. It is impossible to view something as the willing destruction of an innocent human being / child and be ok with the practice being condoned by our government. Perhaps abortion makes you uncomfortable but you aren't anti abortion if you can accept its existence in our current culture. Those two don't co exist. You are fooling yourself.

Last edited:
Sorry but you aren't anti abortion if you are pro choice. You are just ambivalent. It is impossible to view something as the willing destruction of a human being and be ok with the practice being condoned by our government. Perhaps abortion makes you uncomfortable but you aren't anti abortion if you can accept its existence in our current culture. Those two don't co exist. You are fooling yourself.

Probably not all that successfully, if I had to guess.

Sorry but you aren't anti abortion if you are pro choice. You are just ambivalent. It is impossible to view something as the willing destruction of a human being and be ok with the practice being condoned by our government. Perhaps abortion makes you uncomfortable but you aren't anti abortion if you can accept its existence in our current culture. Those two don't co exist. You are fooling yourself.

Or you don't view it as a human being that is destroyed.

So you are wholly anti-war, anti-death penalty, and anti-euthanasia? No exceptions.

I think all three of those things are horrible and make me sick, but I understand certain exceptions and accept them with a heavy, heavy heart.

Back