• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

There's just something not right about her. Is she trying to position herself as the only real threat to Hillary?

She's trying to position herself as the only one who can take the fight to Hillary because she's a woman.

She's trying to position herself as the only one who can take the fight to Hillary because she's a woman.

I think she's falling on the sword to take the fight to Hillary. She'll say all the things the boys can't without alienating women.

That's a great ad for pretty much anybody except Carly Fiorina and much of the Republican field who also have titles without accomplishments.

2016 Mitt Romney runs that ad against Hillary in a general and it's a deathblow.

Carly ran HP into a ditch and wasn't close to Babs Boxer. What are Rubio's and Rand's (two best GOP general election candidates) accomplishments? HRC beats Jeb head to head. GOP loves Walker's accomplishments, but he's a donk and general election roadkill. Lots of miserable choices.

Jeb but he's been around long enough to become the villain on his education reforms.

I think she's falling on the sword to take the fight to Hillary. She'll say all the things the boys can't without alienating women.

I think you're both spot on with this.

Ben Carson has some impressive accomplishments.

Didn't realize that Rubio, Jindal, and Walker have approximately three years of "real world" experience (i.e. not school, internships, clerking, politics, community organizing)... combined.

Last edited:
Exactly. The Republican young candidates except Rand are career politicians.

The more this goes on the more I think Paul would be the best candidate for the Pubs. It'll be hard for him to win the nomination but I think he could get the most general support.

Santorum has this "real world" experience, which is nice.

"After graduating, Santorum was admitted to the Pennsylvania bar and practiced law for four years at the Pittsburgh law firm Kirkpatrick & Lockhart, a firm known for raising political candidates and lobbyists (later named K&L Gates). As an associate, he successfully lobbied on behalf of the World Wrestling Federation to deregulate professional wrestling, arguing that it should be exempt from federal anabolic steroid regulations because it was entertainment, not a sport.

Santorum has this "real world" experience, which is nice.

"After graduating, Santorum was admitted to the Pennsylvania bar and practiced law for four years at the Pittsburgh law firm Kirkpatrick & Lockhart, a firm known for raising political candidates and lobbyists (later named K&L Gates). As an associate, he successfully lobbied on behalf of the World Wrestling Federation to deregulate professional wrestling, arguing that it should be exempt from federal anabolic steroid regulations because it was entertainment, not a sport.

Honestly, this is the type of stuff I'd like to learn more about the candidates.

""Don't believe anything anybody tells you about my Air Force exploits," jokes Graham, still unhitched and a roommate of Rep. Van Hilleary (R-Tenn.), another single guy. "I was very heterosexual, that's all you need to know.""

Sure you're not gay Senator Graham.

Fiorina...experience doesn't mean success.

"In 2002, Fiorina undertook the biggest high-tech merger in history with rival computer company Compaq, which made HP the world's largest personal computer manufacturer.[3][4] HP gained market share following the merger and subsequently laid off 30,000 of its American workers. By the end of 2005, the merged company had more employees worldwide than they had separately before the merger.[5] As of February 9, 2005, HP stock had lost more than half of its value, while the overall NASDAQ index had fallen 26 percent owing to turbulence in the tech sector.[6][7][8] On that date, Hewlett-Packard's board of directors forced Fiorina to resign as chief executive officer and chairman.[9][10]

This Bickelmeyer guy is cool.

"The third of Bickelmeyer's concepts is arguably the most noteworthy. In what he calls “a gift for children”, Bickelmeyer proposes an orbital weapons platform that would function by the collection of solar radiation, which would then be magnified and directed to the surface as a lethal beam. He claims that this weapon could potentially be as precise as to eliminate a single personal target, or as broad as to effect entire countries. Bickelmeyer advocates the use of this platform against terrorism and in pursuit of the war on drugs. He stresses that, because this is not a nuclear weapon, there is no danger of radioactive fallout.

Fiorina...experience doesn't mean success.

"In 2002, Fiorina undertook the biggest high-tech merger in history with rival computer company Compaq, which made HP the world's largest personal computer manufacturer.[3][4] HP gained market share following the merger and subsequently laid off 30,000 of its American workers. By the end of 2005, the merged company had more employees worldwide than they had separately before the merger.[5] As of February 9, 2005, HP stock had lost more than half of its value, while the overall NASDAQ index had fallen 26 percent owing to turbulence in the tech sector.[6][7][8] On that date, Hewlett-Packard's board of directors forced Fiorina to resign as chief executive officer and chairman.[9][10]

But check out dem tittles.

The Huckster.

"He dropped out of the seminary after one year in order to take a job in Christian broadcasting."

"Prior to his political career, he served as pastor at Immanuel Baptist Church in Pine Bluff, Arkansas from 1980 to 1986, and the Beech Street Baptist Church in Texarkana from 1986 to 1992. He started 24-hour television stations in both cities, where he produced documentaries and hosted a program called Positive Alternatives"

Rick Perry is confusing.

"In 1987, Perry voted for a $5.7 billion tax increase proposed by Republican governor Bill Clements.[26] Perry supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic presidential primaries and worked in an unspecified capacity for Gore's campaign in Texas.[27] On September 29, 1989, Perry announced that he was switching parties, becoming a Republican.

Back