• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans for POTUS, 2016 Edition

The more this goes on the more I think Paul would be the best candidate for the Pubs. It'll be hard for him to win the nomination but I think he could get the most general support.

I've been saying Rand is going to make this thing interesting, and yeah, I think he's the best shot at winning the general. Unless the military industrial complex knocks him off in the meantime.

I've been saying Rand is going to make this thing interesting, and yeah, I think he's the best shot at winning the general. Unless the military industrial complex knocks him off in the meantime.

I would find that interesting.

Didn't realize that Rubio, Jindal, Cruz and Walker have approximately three years of "real world" experience (i.e. not school, internships, clerking, politics, community organizing)... combined.

Ted Cruz definitely argued in front of SCOTUS. That's pretty real world, right?

Ted Cruz definitely argued in front of SCOTUS. That's pretty real world, right?

I'll edit that. Although technically he was the Solicitor General of Texas at the time, and that is pretty government/political not real world. He did spend five years in the private sector working for Morgan Lewis (the legal firm representing the natural gas and electricity lobby), where he led the firm’s U.S. Supreme Court and national appellate litigation practice.

He actually argued nine times going 5-4.

Last edited:
You guys can't have it both ways. When I brought up Carson it was accomplishments outside of governing so it doesn't count. Cruz argued in front of the SCOUS and it doesn't count because it's governmental experience.

You guys can't have it both ways. When I brought up Carson it was accomplishments outside of governing so it doesn't count. Cruz argued in front of the SCOUS and it doesn't count because it's governmental experience.

Presenting a trial in front of the SCOTUS isn't governing either.

Presenting a trial in front of the SCOTUS isn't governing either.

Dude...

I'll edit that. Although technically he was the Solicitor General of Texas at the time, and that is pretty government/political not real world. He did spend five years in the private sector working for Morgan Lewis (the legal firm representing the natural gas and electricity lobby), where he led the firm’s U.S. Supreme Court and national appellate litigation practice.

He actually argued nine times going 5-4.

I mean, litigating, whether in Big Law or as Solicitor General, is pretty real world.

""Don't believe anything anybody tells you about my Air Force exploits," jokes Graham, still unhitched and a roommate of Rep. Van Hilleary (R-Tenn.), another single guy. "I was very heterosexual, that's all you need to know.""

Sure you're not gay Senator Graham.

Past tense though.

I'm all in on Doctor Carson. He's my man in the GOP primary.

I mean, litigating, whether in Big Law or as Solicitor General, is pretty real world.

It is, but unless you're a partner and running the business, you're just an employee. Not suggesting that should cut against anyone crazy enough to want to be president, just worth noting.

Reactions: ONW
Republicans love identity politics. He and Fiorina will stay around much longer than they should.

Trump's allegedly making an announcement tomorrow and there is zero buzz about it. There's no buzz about it because he's already cried wolf too many times. Would be hilarious to see him tear into others during debates, but still have a difficult time seeing how he could justify a run. Has zero chance of winning with all his negatives and would undoubtably make some additional enemies along the way.

Back