• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans Shut Down the Federal Government Again & Suffer Humiliating Defeat

speaking of laws with good intentions but shitty side effects, the enforced mealbreak rule in California really annoys all the low wage people I interact with. Plenty of people don't want to be enforced to have 30 minutes of going unpaid.

Cheap labor could be "normal" minimum wage labor. That is not the same as under the table, sub minimum wage, no benefits, slave-like undocumented workers.

That is how you interpret what I am posting - that is on you. I know lots of stuff. But I also know that there are tons of areas where I am woefully uninformed. That is why I ask questions. I don't think I have really been critical of answers I have received. I try to come to the tunnels every few months to learn from other perspectives but every time I do I end up defending myself.

I have really appreciated IAT's input and think I have learned some stuff but I think I am just going to go back to the sports board, or maybe the chat thread where people just make fun of me for living in Cary.

doesn’t matter the board. your takes are universally wrong.

speaking of laws with good intentions but shitty side effects, the enforced mealbreak rule in California really annoys all the low wage people I interact with. Plenty of people don't want to be enforced to have 30 minutes of going unpaid.

They say that, but they’d also bitch if they were forced to work 8 hours straight with no breaks.

Seems like there is a middle ground there.

They say that, but they’d also bitch if they were forced to work 8 hours straight with no breaks.

Yeap, but most people at restaurants for example can easily sneak some bites in while staying on the clock and due to the rules, most employers are capping their overall shifts at 5 hours per day. Also causing some issues with our security guards who had 3 perfect 8 hour shifts where their job is to keep an eye on a vacant building over the weekend. Obviously its a good thing to prevent abusive situations, but I wonder how better to achieve it.

The larger, highlighted is a typical false RW talking point. Show me ANYONE here who said anything like "let them all in". No one has. But it is the conservative go to lie.

Eh.

Unless there is a serious national security threat, the default from a humanitarian and economic standpoint should be to let “them” all in.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, you have to think Republicans really don’t want him to go the national emergency route. Assuming the courts uphold it (doubtful), the next Dem president will just use that precedent for emergencies in healthcare or climate change. I really doubt the donor class would trade that for a cheesy Trump branded monument.

All we need to know about Trump's numbers happened the first full day of his presidency when he said he had the largest Electoral College victory since Reagan's 1984 annihilation of Mondale and that more people attended his inauguration than Obama's.

Wtf is he talking about? Anytime Trump tries to use numbers or stats, you know it is BS.

Anyone watch Fox this morning and could elaborate what this fool is trying to regurgitate?

Wtf is he talking about? Anytime Trump tries to use numbers or stats, you know it is BS.

Anyone watch Fox this morning and could elaborate what this fool is trying to regurgitate?

The unnecessary precision is my favorite part.

Link! $19B in one month?

Seems like Pubs should be upset about that lack of fiscal responsibility on the republican controlled government’s part...

That’s a lot less that $71,000 per undocumented immigrant.

Back