• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Restaurants for graduation weekend

FreeStateDeac

Reaction score
I haven't been to Winston for a couple of years.

What are the best restaurants in Winston right now? In terms of a nice dinner in conjunction with law school graduation that would need reservations ASAP.

Thanks!

Ryan's.

I am a big fan of Firebirds food, but it's often really loud.

If you don't have a reservation Cities is solid, and often forgotten on Graduation/Family/Homecoming weekends.

Yeah, for graduation I'd go with Ryan's, Meridian, or Bernardin's. All would be good choices imo.

Do folks use Deacon Tower Grill for Graduation? Seems like a decent option with a real Wake feel. I had my rehearsal dinner in the tower.

Is Milner's still around? I went there after my graduation and Meridian the night before graduation.

Yeah, Milner's would be a pretty good choice too.

I am probably in the minority but I really did not care for Meridian. It has a nice atmosphere but the food was not great.

Bernardins is good, Willows is also really good but tiny so it could already be booked. Bleu (owned by the same folks as Bernardins) is really good and often overlooked (I ended up going there last year because everything else in town was booked). Two other downtown options are Noma and Hutch & Harris. Of course Ryans and Nobles are good options.

My main advice is to call and reserve as early as possible. I attempted to get reservations around this time last year (give or take a week) and nearly everything was already booked for a moderate sized party.

Ryan's is definitely solid and have heard good things about Fabian's. Is Noble's still around or did that shut that location down? If you don't want to spend a lot and still get good food, I like Diamondbacks as well.

I like Christopher's and Dioli's downtown, and I like Paul's on Robinhood.

I am probably in the minority but I really did not care for Meridian. It has a nice atmosphere but the food was not great.

Bernardins is good, Willows is also really good but tiny so it could already be booked. Bleu (owned by the same folks as Bernardins) is really good and often overlooked (I ended up going there last year because everything else in town was booked). Two other downtown options are Noma and Hutch & Harris. Of course Ryans and Nobles are good options.

My main advice is to call and reserve as early as possible. I attempted to get reservations around this time last year (give or take a week) and nearly everything was already booked for a moderate sized party.

Hmm, I thought the food at Meridian was pretty good.

Stay away from Noma and H&H unless you're desperate though/everything else is already booked.

Back