• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Restaurants in Boone, NC

TripleDeacon

Just Another Attorney
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Boone, NC this weekend and I'm looking for some restaurant recommendations. It's just going to be me and my twelve-year-old son. I'm not looking for anything too fancy, just something local and cool/unique. Thanks in advance.

a 3rd for Coyote Kitchen. Had lunch at Lost Province Brewery last Saturday and the food and beers were really good. It's off King Street. Proper is also good and not to expensive. For a more local feel Pepper's is pretty good and has been there forever. Black Cat for Burritos and Melanie's for breakfast.

Almost forgot - for beer and pub food, I really enjoy Galileo's.

Is the Jamaican place on king street still there?

It's not in Boone (just outside Foscoe) but Gamekeeper is the best food on the mountain hands down (it's a bit priceyish but its worth the price and has crazy good exotic food). Blackcat is really cool for burritos. Hit up Stick boy Bread Co. for an awesome cinnamon bun for breakfast one morning. Comebackshack aint bad either.

Portofinos is good. Another vote for Coyote Kitchen. Our Daily Bread has some great sandwiches. Local brewery called Lost Province has some decent food. Daniel Boone Inn for some home cooking. Woodlands in Blowing Rock for some good bbq. Can't go wrong with Black Cat. Proper is really good. Never been but F.A.R.M Cafe has a cool model - stands for Feed All Regardless of Means. You pay what you want or you can pay by doing dishes or something along those lines.

Last edited:
I second Lost Province Brewery. I met the owner last time I was up there and he gave a behind the scenes tour and history. Cool dude. I believe the head cook/chef is his brother.

I think you guys have me sold on Coyote Kitchen. Thinking Lost Province Brewery might get a visit as well. Thanks for the help.

is that the place where the bartenders dance on top of the bar? I bet the kid will love it.

Thanks. I really like Woodlands barbecue, but I was underwhelmed by the wings there the one time I had them (I didn't order them; just tried a couple on the side). Maybe because it was the full wing instead of just a flat or drumstick. Their sauce was really good though. What's the best: Mild (of course not), Hot, Extra Hot, Jerk, Jim's or House Wings?

Will be up in Boone for the Super Bowl, and want to have some good food at the house.

Love Peppers for casual food. Never had their wings and they will be closer to me.

Thanks. I really like Woodlands barbecue, but I was underwhelmed by the wings there the one time I had them (I didn't order them; just tried a couple on the side). Maybe because it was the full wing instead of just a flat or drumstick. Their sauce was really good though. What's the best: Mild (of course not), Hot, Extra Hot, Jerk, Jim's or House Wings?

Will be up in Boone for the Super Bowl, and want to have some good food at the house.

Love Peppers for casual food. Never had their wings and they will be closer to me.

Woodlands wings are amazing, IMO. I usually start off with the loaded BBQ nachos and then do the wings. House and Jims are the only two sauce options for me, usually do half/half

Just booked 5 nights in Valle Crusis in mid August. First time in high country in a couple years.

Over Yonder & Game Keeper are already on docket as well as Cardinal for lunch one day.

Any new and good openings for eating?

Just booked 5 nights in Valle Crusis in mid August. First time in high country in a couple years.

Over Yonder & Game Keeper are already on docket as well as Cardinal for lunch one day.

Any new and good openings for eating?
Reid's in Banner Elk

Stick Boy Bakery in Boone

Speckled Trout in Blowing Rock

And shit, was going to recommend Eat Crow out that way but looks like they're permanently closed

Back