• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Restaurants in WS

Deacon923

Scooter Banks
Reaction score
Eating in WS for my birthday Friday. Need recommendations, it's been forever since I went out over there. Looking for good food and a bar that knows how to make a good martini. Help.

I kid you not, the best dinner in Winston is Fabian's. Reservations required. One seating at 7:30. Dinner is $50 fixed price for five courses (beverages extra). 1st courses are pre selected by the chef, choices for your main and desert. There is no menu - the chef comes out and introduces himself and tells you what he's serving that night. No more than 20 people can be in there any night, often there are fewer.

The food is delicious - incredibly fresh and well prepared. The staff is wonderful, the ambiance top-notch. With the price tag its definitely special-occasion only, but seriously it's worth it.

http://fabiansrestaurant.com/

Other reviews:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...ws-Fabian_s-Winston_Salem_North_Carolina.html

ETA: according to the most recent review it's now $60. Haven't been in a year, my bad.

Mozelle's is the best restaurant in Winston.

^^ Big proponent of Fabian's, even though Fabian doesn't run it any more. Also, there are two rooms there, so it is probably closer to 50 max and not 20. They try to feature local foods whenever possible. My wife and I used to make it a point to get there a couple times a year... unfortunately young child and no family in the area means no Fabian's. Even at $60, when you consider you are getting a five course meal, it is a pretty good price.

^^ Big proponent of Fabian's, even though Fabian doesn't run it any more. Also, there are two rooms there, so it is probably closer to 50 max and not 20. They try to feature local foods whenever possible. My wife and I used to make it a point to get there a couple times a year... unfortunately young child and no family in the area means no Fabian's. Even at $60, when you consider you are getting a five course meal, it is a pretty good price.

Agreed. I've eaten there when both rooms were open and I don't think it's 50 people even then. Still not more than 8 tables I don't think, so I guess more in the 35-40 range.

$60 for a 5 course meal like this really is a good deal. You'll get closer to $100 if you have a bottle of wine and/or some cocktails, but it's still worth it. Expensive by Winston standards, but an excellent value in my opinion.

Eating in WS for my birthday Friday. Need recommendations, it's been forever since I went out over there. Looking for good food and a bar that knows how to make a good martini. Help.

6th and Vine has a good restaurant/bar combo. Don't know about the Martini. You can always scoot down to Tate's for cocktails later (or before).

I would recommend Downtown Thai if you like thai and/or sushi. And for martinis, I would definitely agree with Tate's.

I recently had lunch at the Twin City Chop House downtown. I'll definitely be back.

Firebird's is an excellent alternative to Village Tavern when it's too packed. Similar menu and atmosphere, and good bar.

Always been happy with Mozelle's.

Meridian is one of the best.

Several other good ones already listed.

Back