• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Herc out 4-8 weeks after having his knee cleaned out which puts his place in the squad for the Sept WCQs in doubt.

Luckily were deep at forward now

True, however we do have like 9 guys on yellows including Jozy so we could be going into the Mexico game with Boyd, Wondo or EJ starting up top which doesn't exactly inspire confidence particularly if we're coming off a bad result in CR. Hopefully Herc recovers in 4 rather than 8 weeks and is able to get a few club games in before then.

The head of concacaf said yesterday that there will be announcement in the next couple weeks about a US hosted joint concacaf-conmebol tournament in the summer of 2016. Presumably it would be 16 teams. I'm hoping its at the same time as the Euros so you have the euros in the afternoon then this tourney in the evening. Would be a pretty awesome month.

If anybody else is going tomorrow, I believe my plan is to go to Abbey Burger Bistro at noonish. May stay there, may not. Depends on the crowds and our comfort I guess. But from there its an easy walk over. Abbey is an Arsenal bar, Ryleigh's Oyster is Tottenham. There's a lot of options in that area though.

The head of concacaf said yesterday that there will be announcement in the next couple weeks about a US hosted joint concacaf-conmebol tournament in the summer of 2016. Presumably it would be 16 teams. I'm hoping its at the same time as the Euros so you have the euros in the afternoon then this tourney in the evening. Would be a pretty awesome month.

That would be fantastic

Panama goes down a goal to Cuba then scores 6 straight.

T&T looking strong early against Mexico. No answer for T&T's big forwards holding the ball up.

When was the last time Sealy played for T&T? Man, that guy was an ACC wrecking machine.

Back