• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

So I guess Jurgens stock is looking ok these days

And what does he feed the subs before he puts them in? Its working...

I can't find it now but there was a great quote by LD about how the place started chock full of ES fans and, once the outcome became clear, they "Started taking their Sal jerseys off and had USA shirts underneath." IDK how true it was, but it was a great troll job.

So I guess Jurgens stock is looking ok these days

And what does he feed the subs before he puts them in? Its working...

Definitely on the upswing. I do appreciate the irony of his teams looking their strongest and building momentum by feeding on the cupcakes that he tries to avoid. Hopefully it translates against a stronger Honduras team and into the next round of qualifiers.

Definitely on the upswing. I do appreciate the irony of his teams looking their strongest and building momentum by feeding on the cupcakes that he tries to avoid. Hopefully it translates against a stronger Honduras team and into the next round of qualifiers.

I would rather have faced Honduras than El Sal judging by how they looked in Group Play, TBH.

Their defense has been terrible all tournament. I fully expect us to hang 4-5 on them as well...

Anderson-Manchester-United-1_2753006.jpg

James Riley interviewed on Real Sports piece on Chivas USA discrimination

Glad we have the first match. An already shitty pitch could be a complete disaster for the second game. I wouldn't expect to see Stu tonight.

James Riley interviewed on Real Sports piece on Chivas USA discrimination

Didn't get to catch the piece since I don't have HBO, but I read some reactions afterward. Sounds like HBO went scorched earth on Chivas. Good for them. MLS needs to finally decide if fans yelling "you suck asshole" or racial discrimination is more important to them.

Glad we have the first match. An already shitty pitch could be a complete disaster for the second game. I wouldn't expect to see Stu tonight.

I'm gonna guess he starts

4-2-3-1: Rimando, Beasley, Gonzalez, Besler, Parkhurst, Beckerman, Holden, Torres, Corona, Donovan, Johnson

I'm gonna guess he starts

4-2-3-1: Rimando, Beasley, Gonzalez, Besler, Parkhurst, Beckerman, Holden, Torres, Corona, Donovan, Johnson

The pitch is truly awful. There is video of Jurgen inspecting it and just shaking his head as he does so for that reason I think we see Mix in place of Holden and I think Jurgen likes Eddie's speed coming in as a sub so Wondo will start.

The pitch is truly awful. There is video of Jurgen inspecting it and just shaking his head as he does so for that reason I think we see Mix in place of Holden and I think Jurgen likes Eddie's speed coming in as a sub so Wondo will start.

Yeah I saw that video this morning, pretty funny. Stu got a full games rest after going 90 vs. CR, that's why I think he starts. Mix also went 90 just 3 days ago. Honduras has large center backs and will be bunkering, only saw 37% of the ball vs. Costa Rica. This is not a "wondo" type game. We need EJs size and hold up play.

You could easily be correct, this is just how I see it happening :thumbsup:

a few pages back someone was inquiring about Villyan Bijev and his injury status. He is starting for Liverpool in some youth tournament today. One of the forwards in a 4-3-3.

Back