• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

@GrantWahl: Source: CONCACAF announcement on possible Klinsmann suspension may not come until Saturday.

say he is suspended, what does that mean? can he set the lineup, can he give the pregame talk, or once he is suspended, he can have no contact with team til after the game? I guess he just couldn't put subs in, or change tactics during the game.

say he is suspended, what does that mean? can he set the lineup, can he give the pregame talk, or once he is suspended, he can have no contact with team til after the game? I guess he just couldn't put subs in, or change tactics during the game.

Yeah the cant throw him in a room with no communication until after the tournament. He will be able to do everything as usual except for subs from the touchline

Josh Deaver ‏@JoshDeaver 1m
Wow. RT@mexicoworldcup: US U-20 LB Juan Pablo Ocegueda officially joins Chivas and will reject US national team calls http://www.chivascampeon.com/noticia/19656/

A) he's on loan

B) the only youth competition he's still eligible for is the 2016 Olympics

c) there's no chance he was getting called to the senior team this season

I somehow suspect that when his loan is up/he leaves Chivas that he'll be more than willing to play for us. This was a necessary announcement to get any playing time at all.

Over There ‏@socceroverthere 22s
#FreeJurgen RT @JeffreyCarlisle: Per a CONCACAF press release, Jurgen Klinsmann has indeed been suspended for one match. #usmnt

A) he's on loan

B) the only youth competition he's still eligible for is the 2016 Olympics

c) there's no chance he was getting called to the senior team this season

I somehow suspect that when his loan is up/he leaves Chivas that he'll be more than willing to play for us. This was a necessary announcement to get any playing time at all.

Of course it's no lock, but I mean come on - it's not like he didn't have options other than promising he'd not accept a call up.

CONCACAF press release says Klinsmann "threw the ball in a violent manner." Suspension cannot be appealed.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Vaginas.

I laughed

BQJd7gdCMAIFdQ_.jpg

CONCACAF press release says Klinsmann "threw the ball in a violent manner." Suspension cannot be appealed.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Vaginas.

Can anyone find the gif of him throwing it earlier in the match? He throws a soccer ball as well as Carly Rae Jepsen throws an opening pitch.

Can anyone find the gif of him throwing it earlier in the match? He throws a soccer ball as well as Carly Rae Jepsen throws an opening pitch.

Seriously, even if was "intentionally violent," it would be "unintentionally non-violent" based on the execution.

@JeffreyCarlisle: According to US Soccer, Klinsmann cannot be in locker room at all or on the bench. Radio communication isn't allowed either. #usmnt #GoldCup

Terrence Boyd with 2 goals today in a 4-0 win

Aron Johansson with 1 goal in a 3-2 loss

Back