• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Fuck. I can't find the MLS thread.

Just watched Rapids v Galaxy. I really like this Colorado team. I've been following them since the NMSC affiliation was announced - a local connection with Clint Irwin out of Elon (and Charlotte United), of course. They have a ton of homegrown players, are young and really fun to watch. Dillon Powers, IMHO, is quickly become a real impact player - his finish tonight was gorgeous. Good stuff.

Fuck. I can't find the MLS thread.

Just watched Rapids v Galaxy. I really like this Colorado team. I've been following them since the NMSC affiliation was announced - a local connection with Clint Irwin out of Elon (and Charlotte United), of course. They have a ton of homegrown players, are young and really fun to watch. Dillon Powers, IMHO, is quickly become a real impact player - his finish tonight was gorgeous. Good stuff.

There were some crazy endings tonight.

Montreal scores in the 6th minute of injury time to beat SKC.
Toronto scores in the 4th minute of injury time to beat Columbus.
NY scores in the 89th and 4 minute of injury time to beat RSL after Saborio scored 3 straight to take the lead.
And Philly with an 85th minute goal to beat a Vancouver side who played down a man for over 82 minutes.

Oh and Clint Irwin has been outstanding this year. Powers has to be top 3 for ROY, joined by his teammate Deshorn Brown.

Oh and Clint Irwin has been outstanding this year. Powers has to be top 3 for ROY, joined by his teammate Deshorn Brown.

Agreed. I just found this article, by the way. Clint Irwin makes $35K a year. You read that correctly. Shane O'Neill makes $60K. Dillon Powers is guaranteed $79K. Talk about ROI

He's been solid, but I wouldn't go so far as outstanding. He's definitely had a few howlers. Still, for a guy at that price who was supposed to be a backup, can't complain.

We have this to look forward to tomorrow

tumblr_mpmk9rvpJD1rdg4zpo1_400.gif

[video]http://futbol.univision.com/mexico/jugadas-top-liga-mx/video/2013-07-27/golazo-de-emmanuel-luduena/embed[/video]

Jon Arnold ‏@ArnoldcommaJon 3m
U.S. U-20 Alonso Hernandez made his Apertura debut for Monterrey, coming on in the 82nd minute of a pretty crazy 1-1 draw with Puebla.

Panama is a country of three million people and they don't seem to have as many ex-pats as their poorer Central American counterparts. And soccer historically isn't the biggest sport down there (baseball and boxing).

Would be disappointed if we don't have a significant majority

Panama is a country of three million people and they don't seem to have as many ex-pats as their poorer Central American counterparts. And soccer historically isn't the biggest sport down there (baseball and boxing).

Would be disappointed if we don't have a significant majority

Right, but who will the Mexicans pull for that didn't get rid of their tickets? They will be 40% of the stadium if I had to guess

This is a wonderful WCQ/Gold Cup cycle to work in the construction industry. So much shit talking at work. So much.

We need to FINISH this afternoon.

Heading downtown in a few hours to take care of some school stuff, then it's off to Soldier Field w/724...PUMPED

Heading downtown in a few hours to take care of some school stuff, then it's off to Soldier Field w/724...PUMPED

I'm leaving in an hour. 9th row behind the goal. Expecting big US crowd advantage. A good 10-15 guys from my regular Sunday morning pick up game are going which is a lot for a bunch of guys in the suburbs.

Back