• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I haven't looked up who Turkey called in for this game, but if it is their A-team, then they are a very good side and will prove a stern test. Nuri Sahin, Arda Turan, and Burak Yilmaz are 3 excellent players.

I suspect Davis is starting so one thing to look for is whether he can keep up a reasonable pace.
Will also look to see if JK is inclined to get Mix and Bradley on the field together.
Also am interested in seeing Green play which I assume will happen since he didn't play vs Az.

Watching ESPN's March to Brazil. Has this been discussed? What do the soccer cogniscenti here think?

@ussoccer: #USMNT lineup for #USAvTUR: Howard; Johnson, Cameron, Besler, Chandler; Zusi, Jones, Bradley, Davis; Altidore, Dempsey (c) #OneNationOneTeam

This is certainly a bigger defensive test than the other night and we are getting torn to shreds. Huge gaps every time Turkey comes forward.

Did they just say we are playing Belgium behind closed doors before the Ghana game? That's awesome.

Back