• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Oh I fully expect him to play, but he'll probably be at 80%(which is still terrifying). I just don't think it's the correct decision medically for him or for Portugal if they are planning to advance far into the tournament which I expect they are.

I'm not an orthopedic surgeon, though I play one on TV. It's not structural. He'll be fine.

I'm not an orthopedic surgeon, though I play one on TV. It's not structural. He'll be fine.

The danger in my informed medical, but not expert medical opinion is that playing on a very sore knee like that greatly increases the risk that he tears a muscle or badly injures another part of his legs by putting undue stress on them due to him compensating for the weakness in his injured knee. The risk is further increased with a short turnaround in extreme conditions which is why I feel he would be better of resting for the US game.

If he can run and tolerate the pain he will play. It is the World Cup after all. It's just not a smart decision.

I think his chances of playing against us are greatly impacted by their result vs Germany.

howard definitely belongs in that group

they must have seen his draft position in our league

h73FD3A10

Did anyone see Wilbon's rant?

http://www.espnfc.us/team/united-states/660/video/1864263/wilbon-calls-out-gutless-klinsmann

Take it easy, Mike. A couple of things: first, know your history. Klinsmann did in fact win something, something very big. He's actually a world champion. Second - "get the hell out?" WTF? You sound like a dumb, uninformed, "America: like it or leave it" type. What a moron. Agree with Klinsmann or not, don't get your panties in a wad and act like a moron because he had the audacity to question your guy Kobe. Jeesh.

Did anyone see Wilbon's rant?

http://www.espnfc.us/team/united-states/660/video/1864263/wilbon-calls-out-gutless-klinsmann

Take it easy, Mike. A couple of things: first, know your history. Klinsmann did in fact win something, something very big. He's actually a world champion. Second - "get the hell out?" WTF? You sound like a dumb, uninformed, "America: like it or leave it" type. What a moron. Agree with Klinsmann or not, don't get your panties in a wad and act like a moron because he had the audacity to question your guy Kobe. Jeesh.

They didn't like Klinsy outright saying the US weren't going to win the WC yesterday -- and I'm with them there -- so that put him off on the wrong foot with Wilbone.

Main takeaway from all of this for me is Klinsy REALLY, REALLY HATES old athletes. Dude prolly would've dropped Klose after the '06 WC if he had stayed on

The US will not win the 2014 World Cup. What the fuck is the problem?

Wake Forest will not win the 2015 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship either.

What is wrong with being realistic?

It's not the 'MURICAN way!

The Jags were never gonna win the Super Bowl this year but I don't think Gus Bradley would've come out before the season and said that. A cultural difference as a comment like that isn't out of place in European sports. IMO I prefer our way, but at any rate Jurgen should know his audience

It's not the 'MURICAN way!

The Jags were never gonna win the Super Bowl this year but I don't think Gus Bradley would've come out before the season and said that. A cultural difference as a comment like that isn't out of place in European sports. IMO I prefer our way, but at any rate Jurgen should know his audience

So being unrealistic and setting yourself up for a guaranteed failure of reaching goals = #Murican?

Never knew that.

Quarterfinals would be an amazing finish for this side.

Back