• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Wooof. Awful match from the US. Bedoya the lone bright spot at times. Everywhere else, not so much.

Generally you can't tell much from Friendlies but it's an exception to that rule when you give up four to Ireland with something reasonably close to your top back line.

I didn't understand the lineup from the beginning. If you're playing possession, why have two forwards, one of which doesn't possess? Wondo has made his living playing off long balls to a big bruising target forward, which isn't Jozy's game at all. Beckerman is a defensive player at the international level, not a guy who can receive from defenders and look up field.

That said, our CBs were horrible and we gave the ball away far too easy in the middle third. The short corner routine was the worst I've seen, possibly ever. What a waste of a friendly.

What about the corner they sent all the way back to between the arc and the midfield circle? That was fucktastic.

1dc622f0aee6caeeb013f8ba2dd8d0fd.jpg

Official US Soccer / 2018 World Cup Thread (USA vs. Colombia TODAY 2:30 ESPN2)

Talked to MY BOY Beckerman for 15-20 mins, and he couldn't be a nicer bro. Also talked to Wondo for a bit, as he is good friends with Scronin, who just had a baby.

Interesting that Brasky decided to stand next to Wondo and put his arm around him.

TRAITOR.

Back