• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Jan. 28 -- at Chile

Feb. 8 -- Panama

March 25 -- at Denmark

March 31 -- at Switzerland

April 15 -- Mexico

June 5 -- at Netherlands

June 10 -- at Germany

I would think a tuneup game or two before the Gold Cup in July would be added too, but that's what we're looking at so far for 2015.

sooooo many meaningless friendlies that interrupt club football. UNACCEPTABLE!

Jan. 28 -- at Chile

Feb. 8 -- Panama

March 25 -- at Denmark

March 31 -- at Switzerland

April 15 -- Mexico

June 5 -- at Netherlands

June 10 -- at Germany

I would think a tuneup game or two before the Gold Cup in July would be added too, but that's what we're looking at so far for 2015.

Now that would be a fun trip. Unfortunately I owe my boss vacation days in 2015 so I don't think it's gonna happen...

The men didn't really have a group of death unless you actually believe in FIFA rankings.

Best African team along with two of the top Euro teams is pretty tough. Although you could argue that Costa Rica's group was more competitive.

That was a tough group to get out of for the USMNT in the last WC. No doubt about that.

On paper, yes, perhaps it's a group of death (I think B and D were objectively tougher). Tough group, but definitely over sensationalized.

Anyway, if the women are even in minute jeopardy at any point something has gone terribly wrong. Expanding to 24 has watered down the field considerably.

The eventual champions, the best player in the world, and the hardest possible draw out of the remaining pot is assuredly a Group of Death. Notice that sentence made no reference to FIFA rankings.
The Italy/England/CR/ Uruguay group may have played out even harder because CR played out of its mind, but that doesn't take away from Group G.

Official US Soccer / 2018 World Cup Thread (Yanks galore in MLS Cup: Sunday 3...

Herc Gomez will play for los Tigres against Club America in the first leg of the Mexifinal tomorrow nights. If you don't know, I'm in roofing business, so everybody has been talking about this game today and I'm actually fired up to watch a Spanish language broadcast that I can't understand

Arriba Los Tigres?

Looks like Charlotte missed the cut on hosting a Copa America 2016 match. Nothing official yet, however.

Rubio Rubin with a nice match for Utrecht today. Had a goal and 24/26 passing against Ajax. 2 goals in his last 2 starts.

Back