• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Yeah, I agree dv7. You obviously don't have kids, though. ;)

I don't. But I tell my nephew to fuck off (not those words) when he tells me he wants colored boots. And I love that kid like he is my own. Tremendous potential in that one.

But, you wear black boots until you are somebody. Only stars deserve to be flasy, and even then they look like assholes.

Hell, blue boots are nothing. Most of these kids are wearing pink, purple, yellow, etc...

I agree that black boots are best, but come on. I laugh pretty hard at the old (or, for some, new ;)) timers who think it's the sign of the apocalypse.

Similar to my boots as a high schooler in the 90s for my senior year as captain

images

Primary boots the rest of my life before and after

images

I wear these, but in cleat form for soccer (goalie son)

pumas-womens-indoor-soccer-shoes-sd317.jpg

Necessary? Probably not, but I wear them anyway.

They're black. Allowed.

People that wear non-black boots when they aren't top quality are fucking assholes. You aren't special. You bought obnoxious colored boots to stand out. But since, as we established, you aren't special, that makes you an asshole. Fuck off.

They work well. I allowed 3 goals all year (keep in mind I'm not a giant like Ricketts), and they were all in the playoffs :rulz:. I will improve next year.

They're black. Allowed.

People that wear non-black boots when they aren't top quality are fucking assholes. You aren't special. You bought obnoxious colored boots to stand out. But since, as we established, you aren't special, that makes you an asshole. Fuck off.

Or you like the way they look and thus wish to wear them

I love when guys think it's only manly to wear a certain type of clothing. Because obsessing over the fashion of others is really manly

Exactly, husky. 27, not sure it matters if he embellished it. There was pretty clear contact on an open run to the goal. Again, easy call.

I'm guessing you mean easy call on slow mo replay, not easy call for the ref. For the ref, that's a ridiculously difficult call and shows why dracula is regarded as one of the better refs in the world. He actually got it right.

I may have to go back and look at the replay again, but even on the super slow mo shot I didn't think there was contact. It also didn't help that Jones took at 3 steps before he decided to go down.

I'm guessing you mean easy call on slow mo replay, not easy call for the ref. For the ref, that's a ridiculously difficult call and shows why dracula is regarded as one of the better refs in the world. He actually got it right.

Yes, that's what I meant.

I may have to go back and look at the replay again, but even on the super slow mo shot I didn't think there was contact. It also didn't help that Jones took at 3 steps before he decided to go down.

Look at the link I posted. The guy super slo-mo's it at the end of the clip, and it's pretty obvious that he gets JJ's heel.

Tex, here's another link to it:

Check out starting at 0:30. It's clear that the defender's right knee hits Jones' left heel.

Back