• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

On another note...anyone know of a good online site for cleats? Little siff wants a pair of those damn boots Kaka/VanPersie/Nani wears - the new blue Predators. Goes against my better judgment (I'm a black boots purist), but I want to get them for him. $199, though? Good gracious. Found them for $179 elsewhere, but with shipping they're still pricey. The kid is growing so fast I worry that they won't fit him by the time his club season starts in December.

See if soccer.com has them. If so then I'll let you use my account and you can just paypal the money to me. I'm in the goal club so you would get the red discounted number if they have his size. I also have a 10.00 gift card on there that's about to expire so you could use that too. And since the order would be >100.00 you'd get free shipping. That may help with the price a little bit.

Mo Edu wouldn't have been caught and would have scored a SICK goal. #fact.

I'm not saying with certainty that he dove or not, but...

He has no problem getting the foot that got clipped back under him and on the turf in the next stride. He takes a full step and then lets his legs go. Also keep in mind that by now he knows his touch was horrendous and he has no shot at tracking it down. I see his heel gets tapped, and I appreciate how the smallest touches at full speed can throw off your balance, but in this case it doesn't look that compelling for JJ.

Jack Warner has resigned from FIFA. Whoaaaaaa

TSUNAMI TSUNAMI TSUNAMI PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

And the ethics committee investigation of him is closed while his "presumption of innocence remains."

Astonishing.

Implications of warner's resignation? I can't keep track of all the flying bullshit from fifa.

richard_conway Richard Conway
Source close to Jack Warner says he has stepped down "for the good of the game and for the good of Caribbean football."

Probably a back room deal that him resigning won't hurt the rest of the region in some way. He probably also got a golden handshake for promises that he won't rat out the other corrupt assholes within FIFA.

nothing fishy going on with Congo's U17s. looks legit to me.

koYBHt

I wonder if you start Edu over Jones in the semi since Jones is on a yellow. See how mo does and then make the call for the final. (or do yellows even accumulate at this point?)

Yeah I think they do. So another yellow would put him out of the finals. I still think you play him.

I gotta say... I'm loving this new transparent FIFA that Sepp is forcing about. :rulz:

iainmacintosh Iain Macintosh
From now on, whenever a burglar runs away from the police we should be clear that, "the presumption of innocence is maintained."

Brilliant!

Germany v Ecuador and Brazil v Denmark about to kick off in the U17 WC. Both on espn3

One of the darkest skinned black dudes I've ever seen is playing for Denmark. Like Duany Duany dark. I did not expect to see that.

Yesil scores for Germany with a ball that hit the crossbar and bounced down *just* over the line. I think the AR got that one right.

An Arsenal supporter I follow says that Arsenal have scouts there looking at that kid.

Andddd...Brazil score in the other match. A blunder by the GK let in a shot from 25 yards or so. Not really hit that hard and should have been saved.

Yesil looks so damn eurotrash. I don't even know what the fuck he is doing with that hair style. Its like a frat star mowhawk thing. #badidea

Fischer from Denmark looks quality. Plus his first name is boss, Viktor.

Just went to his page on UEFAs website. Dude scored 5 goals against Lithuania in qualifying.

See if soccer.com has them. If so then I'll let you use my account and you can just paypal the money to me. I'm in the goal club so you would get the red discounted number if they have his size. I also have a 10.00 gift card on there that's about to expire so you could use that too. And since the order would be >100.00 you'd get free shipping. That may help with the price a little bit.

That's awfully nice of you, sd3. That's where we started (soccer.com). They're $179 there with the goal club discount. I really appreciate it and will shoot you a message...grazie!

He just wants the gold card points. I see straight thru his little ruse!

Back