• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Speaking of wwc, us dropped a scrimmage to Norway 3-1. Good times.

Also, Droid autocorrects scrimmage to shrinkage.

North Korea v Netherlands
Japan v France

U17 WC on espn3. Kicking off at the top of the hour.

ETA:
Must win for Netherlands as they lost to fucking Congo in their first match. N Korea lost to Mexico, so they also need a win.

Japan and France both won their opening matches, so the winner is thru.

Last edited:
Now Jones will just have to get a couple more against Panama to make up for it.

North Korea v Netherlands
Japan v France

U17 WC on espn3. Kicking off at the top of the hour.

ETA:
Must win for Netherlands as they lost to fucking Congo in their first match. N Korea lost to Mexico, so they also need a win.

Japan and France both won their opening matches, so the winner is thru.

Not quite a must win for Netherlands. Four 3rd place teams advance as well.

Excellent strike! 1-0 France. Put in from 23 yards by Yaisien. Very nice goal.

That was a great strike from Yaisien. Japan has had the better of the ball, but damn France is dangerous.

NORTH KOREA SCORE!!! 1-0 up on Holland, who also lost to Congo.

WTF

It was a damn fine finish from a poor headed clearance too. And he celebrates by pretending to mow-down his teammates with an imaginary machine gun. THE DEAR FEARLESS LEADER WILL BE PROUD

I really like this Japan side. Have some classy players.

France's attacking players are fantastic as well, not that convinced by their midfielders tho.

Ugh. Terrible miss by Japan. Keeper was out and the midfielder put it wide. Awful.

France is physically superior and have a lot more creativity, but Japan is a much better team. Smart on the ball and more patient. They just aren't creating enough with their possession.

numbers -- getsome gave me a "fine" to picking me up from Rec

can you still come get me/Felix pre match? I got your first couple bears if ya do. #bribe.

Back