• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Geoff Cameron is a bad dude. He made a bunch of plays that prevented good scoring chances for Mexico. Nice to get a point, but feels like we left two on the table there. On to the Ticos.

Geoff Cameron is a bad dude. He made a bunch of plays that prevented good scoring chances for Mexico. Nice to get a point, but feels like we left two on the table there. On to the Ticos.

Meh, can't really say we left two on the table. They could have easily had 2-3 more, same for us. Mexico dominated possession but didn't do much with it. Fair result

agreed with sd3

Either team could have won, so either team could have lost. A scoring draw was a fair result based on the play as a whole. Neither the US nor Mexico can feel hard done by with not getting all 3 points.

So if we don't get a result in next WC qualifier at Costa Rica, it will basically come down to beating Hondurus and Panama? Win both of those games and we are in top 3 for sure right? And almost no way right now we'd finish outside top 4 without shitting the bed?

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/gal...orld-cup-qualifier-bruce-arena-tactics-061217

Takeaways:

Jurgen is the sales rep who hates business plans and sprays and prays, certain that his effervescent personality, boyish smile, and Ivy League degree will help him make it to Presidents Club every year.

Bruce is the frumpy old sales guy who wears a suit that last fit him in 1982, hates small talk, but spends months working a business plan to perfection after making sure every one of his customers and colleagues has input and believes in it.

At the annual sales awards dinner, the CEO stands at the lectern announcing that year's winner. Jurgen ignores the speech, stands up to accept his faux-crysyal plaque and trip to Cancun, and is told by the woman sitting next to him to "sit down, the fat, smart guy won. Hmmm. He's actually not as fat as I remember."

Last edited:
So if we don't get a result in next WC qualifier at Costa Rica, it will basically come down to beating Hondurus and Panama? Win both of those games and we are in top 3 for sure right? And almost no way right now we'd finish outside top 4 without shitting the bed?

Costa Rica qualifier is at home, rumored to be in New York City.

Ah I thought that Costa Rica was away for some reason, we should be looking for 3 points in that one then, of course

Ah I thought that Costa Rica was away for some reason, we should be looking for 3 points in that one then, of course

The 4-0 beating at CR is what got Jurgen fired, should definitely be looking at 4 minimum from both of the remaining sets of matches.

I feel like Guzan has the soccer mentality of a 5th grader playing rec league. "Hey guys, If I kick it all the way to the other teams keeper you owe me a Pokémon card!"

I feel like Guzan has the soccer mentality of a 5th grader playing rec league. "Hey guys, If I kick it all the way to the other teams keeper you owe me a Pokémon card!"

This here is a guy that likes to build the attack out of the back.

It's Landon. This is literally the perfect counterattacking goal. The ball goes the length of the field and into the goal in 5 touches, all of them perfectly controlled and placed.

It's Landon. This is literally the perfect counterattacking goal. The ball goes the length of the field and into the goal in 5 touches, all of them perfectly controlled and placed.

God that is so sexy to me

Back