• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Understand that Pulisic is awesome, but where does he rank among current 18 and under players on the planet? Top 25, top 10, top 5, the best?

Understand that Pulisic is awesome, but where does he rank among current 18 and under players on the planet? Top 25, top 10, top 5, the best?

18 and under? He's up there. But he's not even the best young player on his club team. Dembele from France is another level about him, but he may be 19/20 years old?

top 20

top top top top top class potential. scary good ability on the ball.

I think Donnarumma might be the most impressive young player, simply because at 18 he is already a top goalkeeper; a position that players don't usually reach the elite level playing until their mid to late 20s.

I think Donnarumma might be the most impressive young player, simply because at 18 he is already a top goalkeeper; a position that players don't usually reach the elite level playing until their mid to late 20s.

It's him or Mbappe

Pulisic has the best first touch of any American I can remember seeing, but I have only been watching since 92 or so. He has multiple times a game (at least in a US jersey) where he creates chances just by beating somebody 1v1, generally by being strong and quick with the ball. Very few Americans that I have seen have had the ability to do that.

18 and under? He's up there. But he's not even the best young player on his club team. Dembele from France is another level about him, but he may be 19/20 years old?

Lot of Dortmund fans feel that Pulisic is the better long term prospect. Dembele is exciting and absurdly talented, but his mental mastery of the game is far behind where Pulisic is.

at 18?

the best ive ever seen and it isn't even close.

I mean period. Seems like Dempsey's best season at Fulham or Bradley's best year at Chievo or Roma might have been better than where Pulisic is right now but hard to think of many others who have been at Pulisic's level (as an 18 year old) at any point in their careers.

Back