• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

It's not exactly like doors are being knocked on for American managers overseas. I'll take the ones that can win here if we go American.

If I was in charge, Bielsa would be our manager.

I am just really PISSED we hired a guy that had already failed once and we expect he was magically transformed into the best coach we could find??? For the record I would be fine with Bielsa or anyone else with half a brain for that matter.

Point is, saying a guy that took the US to a World Cup QF and has won multiple domestic titles is a crap manager is a stupid fucking opinion.

This US side was in a hole that Klinssman dug us. That doesn't excuse today, but today should not have mattered as much as it does because of our first two matches in the Hex. Results since then, save tonight, were good and reasonable.

How many times did he win at Azteca? How many times did Klinsmann win there?

How many times did Arena lose at home to Mexico in the Hex? How many times did Klinsmann do that?

fuck off with a friendly win at Azteca. Who gives a fucking shit?

do we have anyone can that do anything at center midfield?

Didn't think Nagbe or Bradley were poor tonight. CR's two goals came from errors from the back line. Nagbe and Bradley gave CR fits all day when they went forward too, IMO.

I am just really PISSED we hired a guy that had already failed once and we expect he was magically transformed into the best coach we could find??? For the record I would be fine with Bielsa or anyone else with half a brain for that matter.

Bruce Arena's record in his first stint as USMNT manager:

P: 130 W: 75 D: 27 L: 28 Win %: 58%

Current stint:

P: 15 W: 9 D: 5 L: 1 (tonight) Win %: 60%

How many times did Arena lose at home to Mexico in the Hex? How many times did Klinsmann do that?

fuck off with a friendly win at Azteca. Who gives a fucking shit?

How many times did Klinsmann coach the US side before he was fired? How many times has Arena coached them? I was not a huge fan of Klinsmann but Arena is a proven US coach wash out. Fire him NOW and not just because he lost, but he plays the wrong people who give the appearance of not having a clue what to do against competition we should beat

damn i never predicted dv7 would defend arena

best manager this nation has ever produced.

and again, I would have gone a different route, but if we went American, then Arena is the clear choice. And he isn't a poor choice. His results should speak all on their own.

How many times did Klinsmann coach the US side before he was fired? How many times has Arena coached them? I was not a huge fan of Klinsmann but Arena is a proven US coach wash out. Fire him NOW and not just because he lost, but he plays the wrong people who give the appearance of not having a clue what to do against competition we should beat

I guess he was a wash out if you just look at his 3 matches in charge at the 2006 WC.

The one in Germany, which is in Europe, where the US never does well. Ever.

Problem was back line mostly. Lacking a little creatively in final 3rd, could've had better passing. But 2nd half I'd say we were clearly better team. Just a shitty goal to give up in first half

Back