• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Altidore played hard but sucked I thought. A lot of terrible touches. When he received the ball from Bradley with a great chance on goal and then just dribbled to the endline instead I couldn't believe it

Exactly. He should have blasted it with his left foot but I'm assuming that's his off foot?

Uhh, each team started 5 MLS players last night. Costa Rica scored 2 goals, both from a MLS player. You're way off here.

Also, the 5 MLS players we started: Altidore, Bradley, Nagbe, Zusi, and Howard, we're 4 of our top 5 players last night.

I understand, and all of whom would most likely be better players if forced to not settle for mls play. Obviously my suggestions would never happen, and there are some overseas players who are useless cough ream cough. I am just sick of the trajectory from both the coaching and structural level and the player level. Just so much taking the path of least resistance. At least Klinsuck tried something new, but the problem was it just sucked.

Location was odd since the USSF has been so good about limiting away fans. Was it a case of needing to throw the Northeast a hex qualifier bone? Been a long time since one was in the Boswash corridor. Ticos in '09??

If that was the case though one would've thought T&T would be the game to do given relative lack of away fans

T and T needed to be at elevation to prepare for the quick turnaround in Mexico. Hence either salt lake or denver

Uhh, each team started 5 MLS players last night. Costa Rica scored 2 goals, both from a MLS player. You're way off here.

Also, the 5 MLS players we started: Altidore, Bradley, Nagbe, Zusi, and Howard, we're 4 of our top 5 players last night.

And Urena is far inferior on his own club team to Chris Wondolowski. The MLS reasoning doesn't hold water for last night's game.

You are a goddamn idiot

Tonight sucked but Bruce Arena took a team with two or three players in the top 1000 of the world and was a bullshit call away from the semifinals of the World Cup.

He performed a mother fucking miracle

And the truth of it all is that if we get 3 in Honduras on Tues than we will still be okay

Go worship Dave Clawson and his win over a D2 team with a hundredth of the funding you fucking dumb ass

LOL, hey moron, how did your genius betting on Dave Clawson's team work out for you?

But seriously, international managers get whacked on the regular. Kinda ridiculous to label Arena a "failure" just because he got fired once upon a time

And after we give France all that love they fail to beat Luxembourg at home. Go fig

Just win, baby!

but really: draw on Tuesday, beat Panama, win at T&T; are all easily achievable with a good performance

if the U.S. draw with Honduras Tuesday and beat Panama, it's very likely they will only need a draw at T&T; with those 5 points:

Honduras could only pass the U.S. by beating both CR (at CR) and Mexico

Panama could only pass the U.S. by beating both T&T (likely) and CR by a total of at least 5 goals

then again, T&T has lost 3 at home in the Hex so the U.S. should win there

England could be in a world of trouble should they drop this to Slovakia. Down 0-1 after 2 minutes.

Back