• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Also, let's take this time to laugh at CONCACAF qualifying. We could very realistically be 2-2-4 (8 points) after tonight and still sitting on a 59% chance to qualify.

I recently cut the cord and picked up Sling - I think this is the first time I've ever had BeIn.

Also, let's take this time to laugh at CONCACAF qualifying. We could very realistically be 2-2-4 (8 points) after tonight and still sitting on a 59% chance to qualify.

Mexico managed to get to Brazil after picking up a mere 11 points last Hex.

Meanwhile Australia's 19 points (same number of games, 10, as the hex) might consign them to a playoff and Africa throws up bonkerz groups like Nigeria/Cameroon/Algeria/Zambia, with only one advancing.

We've got it good

Mexico managed to get to Brazil after picking up a mere 11 points last Hex.

Meanwhile Australia's 19 points (same number of games, 10, as the hex) might consign them to a playoff and Africa throws up bonkerz groups like Nigeria/Cameroon/Algeria/Zambia, with only one advancing.

We've got it good

Never forget with Bob went something like 7-1 in qualifying with Egypt only to get knocked out in the head to head stage

Last day of Asia qualifying in progress, currently Syria -- yes, Syria -- would auto qualify for Russia.

CONCACAF fourth place could very well face a South Korea-Australia playoff winner. Long way to go doe

I think I just registered for BeIn with my TWC log-in and can watch it on my laptop at home. Maybe.

Last day of Asia qualifying in progress, currently Syria -- yes, Syria -- would auto qualify for Russia.

CONCACAF fourth place could very well face a South Korea-Australia playoff winner. Long way to go doe

Goal Iran, South Korea now in and Syria to the playoff pending live results

Iran now up 2-1 in the 66th minute

as it stands right now, Asia playoff would be Uzbekistan - Saudi

@richard_conway: 93rd minute equaliser for Syria! Syria make World Cup play-offs as it stands. Remarkable achievement.

@GrantWahl: Holy smokes, Syria just scored in stoppage time in Iran—and as it stands it's Syria to the playoffs, South Korea to WC & Uzbekistan out.

amazing story for Syria playing their "home" matches in Malaysia and staying alive

so AFC playoffs will be Syria vs. either Australia (if Saudis beat Japan) or Saudi Arabia

I guess you can have an underwhelming campaign elsewhere and still qualify. SK win one of their last 5 matches yet scrape over the line.

US-Syria possibility still on

It's always worked well for me on Chromecast but it's usually a nightmare on a laptop

Back