• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Argentina is closer to missing the WC than we are.

CONMEBOL Tuesday is going to be awesome. 5 teams within two points of each other for 2 WC spots and a playoff spot. Colombia and Argentina both on the road while Chile is away to Brazil. Paraguay should be expected to take 3 points from Venezuela and jump into a spot. Their comeback against Colombia last night was huge.

maxresdefault.jpg

DO OR DIE FRIDAY

I listened to the Max and Herc pod last night, and Herc theorized that Feilhaber was brought in to start tonight. We've been lacking a true #10 that can break down a team like Panama. Also that would allow Pulisic to play out right where he was effective against Panama the last time around.

Hopefully we look something like this:

Altidore
Nagbe-Feilhaber-Pulisic
Acosta-Bradley
Villafana-Besler-Cameron-Yedlin
Howard

CONMEBOL Tuesday is going to be awesome. 5 teams within two points of each other for 2 WC spots and a playoff spot. Colombia and Argentina both on the road while Chile is away to Brazil. Paraguay should be expected to take 3 points from Venezuela and jump into a spot. Their comeback against Colombia last night was huge.

Was sitting next to a Colombia fan at the bar last night. Despondent doesn't begin to describe it

I am not looking forward to this Panama game ... how the fuck are we even in this position?

Are we expecting Panama to park the bus and look for a draw/set piece winner? I think this game is going to be ugly.

Costa Rica-Honduras moved to tomorrow due to Nate

If we are unable to get three points tonight Costa Rica could really do some interesting things to us

They tend to keep the ball well, but their games are never thrillers

Same old Arena lineup

Wood-Altidore
Pulisic-Nagbe-Arriola
Bradley
Villafana-Besler-Gonzo-Yedlin
Howard

Very offensive. Gonzo better not get burnt on the counter.

Man crazy that as a true Dortmund fan through and through I was up on the American phenom so early

Back