• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

4ce461e4931d2cbb8ca60d2f81e71b8b.jpg
b05ec110e99c2efdbd2314afd6957bd9.jpg

I don't think it's a fire take at all. He's 31. He's not going to play in the next World Cup, He's not the type of player who would play a bit role in the transition. Bring in the next generation and let guys step up their leadership now rather than a year or two before the next World Cup. Better to build the team around those will be playing in the future.

Last edited:
Dempsey has announced his retirement. Finishes level with Donovan on USMNT goals with 57 (less PKs)

"https://twitter.com/TheOffsideRules/status/1034862502188859392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw"

Shit, I can't figure out how to embed. Twitter thread from @TheOffsideRules on Deuce.

Dempsey probably my fav US player of all time, along with the oft-injured John O'Brien. He had skill and passion and an edge to him that made him a great example of what we could use more of in US players.

24 man roster for the upcoming friendlies:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Alex Bono (Toronto FC/CAN; 1/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge/BEL; 2/0), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 3/0)

DEFENDERS (9): John Brooks (Wolfsburg/GER; 33/3), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Swansea City/WAL; 4/0), Eric Lichaj (Hull City/ENG; 15/1), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls), Matt Miazga (Nantes/FRA; 7/1), Shaq Moore (Reus Deportiu/ESP; 2/0), Tim Parker (New York Red Bulls; 2/0), Antonee Robinson (Wigan Athletic/ENG; 2/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United/ENG; 52/0)

MIDFIELDERS (10): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 17/1), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 5/0), Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 16/2), Marky Delgado (Toronto FC/CAN; 1/0)^, Julian Green (Greuther Fürth/GER; 10/4), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 3/1), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 4/1), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 3/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 6/0), Tim Weah (Paris Saint-Germain; 3/1)

FORWARDS (3): Andrija Novakovich (Fortuna Sittard/NED; 2/0), Bobby Wood (Hannover 96/GER; 39/12), Gyasi Zardes (37/6; Columbus Crew SC)

Id like to see something like:

Steffen
Yedlin, Brooks, Miazga, Robinson/Lichaj
McKennie, Adams
Arriola?, Lletget, Weah
Wood

Not necessarily that formation

Brazil’s first, right? I imagine we’ll see something similar to the 5-3-2 that we used to STIFFLE the French back in June.

Back