• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Reminder that it’s now been 11 months since we missed the World Cup and absolutely nothing has changed

OK, whatever. I didn't say we'd win the World Cup; I simply said we'd be just fine.

G - I like Steffen. Despite what Stu said the other night, Guzan won't be in goal in 2022 IMO. There is a lot of time between now and Qatar - Klinsmann could be in the mix, too.

D - I thought Miazga played well the other night. He's young. Brooks is obviously talented. CCV will be in the mix. Yedlin is a PL regular; Robinson has all of the tools IMO to make it there as well. If Jeremy Toljan chooses the US, which is a distinct possibility, we're even better in the back four.

MF - Pulisic is world class. We all know that. Weston McKennie is a regular in a top Bundesliga side. I think we'll see Tyler Adams in Europe sooner rather than later and there's a reason - he's good. That said, this is probably our biggest area of worry and where young guys like Acosta, Taitague, Trapp, Hyndman, etc...really need to grow their games.

F - Sargent. Weah. Altidore (he'll still be a viable option in 2022).

All joking aside, do you not see these players (and there are many others whom I've not mentioned who could make the jump in the next 3 + years), under the right system, as being competent enough to win football matches?
Also eternally siffitive

Such a long post for a rather innocuous comment defending yourself

Lol never said anything about you not being allowed to post. Much love.

Good luck to you bills! They'll need it.

There is not enough luck in the universe to help our Bills. We treated Tyrod worse than David treated Uriah

It's hockey season!

4b6453582c40661de3c1ccfdbc2f1106.jpg

Just stopping by to say FUCK MEXICO

I hope that TRAITOR JoGo gets his shit pushed in tonight

(That’s all I got for this borderline U23 friendly)

Just stopping by to say FUCK MEXICO

I hope that TRAITOR JoGo gets his shit pushed in tonight

(That’s all I got for this borderline U23 friendly)

LOL. People are mad a Mexican-American kid doesn’t want to play for a shit soccer program in Trump’s America? He went back to Mexico. That’s what they want.

LOL. People are mad a Mexican-American kid doesn’t want to play for a shit soccer program in Trump’s America? He went back to Mexico. That’s what they want.

Duuuuude, it's a joke. Sorta. I think I actually posted that I understood his decision when it happened. That being said, when you choose to play for the enemy, you're dead to me. It was certainly a miss by US Soccer on not including him in youth teams and tournaments, that's why he switched. Not because of politics. Well that and he plays in Mexico where the pressure is much greater to commit to their side.

Considering your last couple posts on here...maybe soccer isn't for you. You're missing a lot of nuance, obviously don't understand the structure and reasoning behind roster selection, and you're a big zero when it comes to tactics and understanding of the flow of the game. The rest of us who are light years beyond you don't really want to babysit you, so move along.

I no longer give a shit if others care about or are converted to the sport. Especially if that means its going to be dumbed down to the level of discourse associated with the NBA or NFL. Soccer is my escape from that idiocy.

So, bye.

Herc bringing the damn commentating fire.

Hey Twellman STOP YELLING AT ME

Yeah the last five minutes of Herc and Twellman yelling at each other did not help my case about soccer discussion generally being above that of other sports. But I guess ESPN gotta do what ESPN does. Tripling down on the hot takes and yelling.

Horrible timing for my post doe.

Its been a year since I've watched this team play. Apparently we haven't hired a coach yet? Dandy.

Its been a year since I've watched this team play. Apparently we haven't hired a coach yet? Dandy.

Waiting on Berhalter or Vermes is my guess

As to the starting lineup... I kind of get it

Lichaj on the left to cover for Weah playing as LW/LF, Moore to overlap on the right with Adams or Acosta tucking in. Zardes has at least scored club goals in the last year, unlike Wood. Miazga and CCV have experience together all the way back to the U17's.

Waiting on Berhalter or Vermes is my guess

As to the starting lineup... I kind of get it

Lichaj on the left to cover for Weah playing as LW/LF, Moore to overlap on the right with Adams or Acosta tucking in. Zardes has at least scored club goals in the last year, unlike Wood. Miazga and CCV have experience together all the way back to the U17's.

I'll quote Lebowski again in response. You're not wrong, you're just an asshole. :)

Back