• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Kind of awkward to see our nation team playing a game near where hurricane Michael just came threw, would’ve been a nice gesture to cancel the game and send our team in for the relief effort

Kind of awkward to see our nation team playing a game near where hurricane Michael just came threw, would’ve been a nice gesture to cancel the game and send our team in for the relief effort

It barely touched Tampa.

This appears to be about 80% Colombian fans

Very similar to the USA-COL match that SD3 and I attended in London following the 2014 WC.

Soooo many hot babes in James jerseys.

I know, just a bit odd to cash in on a pointless friendly in the same state at this time, but whatever all good

The places that got hit hard are like 5+ hours away.

Robinson alternates between really nice moments of skill and recognition, and getting completely smoked defensively. More the latter than the former, unfortunately.

And as I type that Rodriguez with an absolutely brilliant finish.

This might be the last match I watch until the gold cup. Waste of time.

Ok, that’s not true, I’ll want to judge the new coach.

And then Antonee goes full Antonee, loses his mark, Colombia ties it up 2-2.

Still, that Wood goal was a thing of beauty.

Fafa time!

Our left backs were boiled in oil, drawn and quartered, minced, sauteed, chewed up, spit out, left drooling, etcetera, etcetera. Bradley actually plays ok for a change in a game that doesn't matter. Except for his goal Acosta was meh. Brooks and Miazga will be the starters from now on. Wood is a damn hard worker. Without Pulisic, Adams, and McKennie this result was inevitable.

Based on Grant Wahl's interview during the Colombia match, sounds like Tata isn't really in consideration because of the language barrier

All signs seem to point to Berhalter, but I'd be ok with any of Berhalter, Vermes, or Pareja.

The lack of a viable left back is the biggest crisis facing our nation.

Very clear over last two matches that without Adams/McKennie/Pulisic in midfield we get pushed around far too easily in the midfield. Peru has had possession too easily in the center mid

Back