• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Pulisic has basically lost his starting spot to Jadon Sancho at this point, no? Kid is on fire.

He really is. He also tends to score immediately after coming on for PuliSICK!, so there's that (not today, obviously). Would be nice if Favre could get them on the pitch together.

Football fans are as fickle as those in any sport. The twitter comments about Pulisic and Sancho are hilarious. Sancho is in outrageous form and looks fantastic, but the suggestion that Pulisic is "overrated" and "not nearly as good" are ridiculous. Pulisic is still coming off of injury and Sancho is in the form of his life; it's a marathon, not a sprint, and I agree...if Sancho continues at the pace of a goal a game for the rest of his career, he will indeed be the best footballer of all time.

Initial list for Nov camps (England and Italy friendlies) has been posted

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan, Ethan Horvath, Zack Steffen

Defenders: John Brooks, Reggie Cannon, Cameron Carter-Vickers, Aaron Long, Matt Miazga, Shaq Moore, Antonee Robinson, Jorge Villafana, DeAndre Yedlin, Walker Zimmerman

Midfielders: Kellyn Acosta, Tyler Adams, Luca de la Torre, Marky Delgado, Romain Gall, Julian Green, Sebastian Lletget, Weston McKennie, Darlington Nagbe, Christian Pulisic, Kenny Saief, Wil Trapp, Tim Weah

Forwards: Josh Sargent, Bobby Wood

As to our actual players, I didn't realize Horvath was starting for Club Brugge now, helping them to defeat Monaco 4-0 in the CL a week ago. Hope he starts with Steffen out.

Meh, we're doing the same thing in Mexico and across Europe. Its on our federation to make these kids feel welcomed and apart of our national program. If they'd rather play for Mexico from the beginning, then that's fine. I don't want them anyways. Its the kids we lose later in the process, due to our negligence, that really hurts.

Yup, don't have a problem with it. Makes them easier to hate whenever they put on the green and whatever other color they are that year.

Kinda excited to see Pulisic/Adams/McKennie together in midfield.

At least Robinson can't get torched at LB today. Someone else will have to fill that role.

DsEIe1eXQAAye4a.jpg

Will Trapp and Julian Green? Gross.

I love like Pulisic and Weah on the wings though. Would prefer Sargent over Wood up top.

Will Trapp and Julian Green? Gross.

I love like Pulisic and Weah on the wings though. Would prefer Sargent over Wood up top.

Sargent still carrying that ankle knock, he's not even in the squad today. I'm fine with Green, but Trapp over Adams is blah

Shocking that a side with Trapp and Green in it can't possess the ball. Bobby Wood is also terrible at it too.

This side is ungood.

Back