• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Well, he's missed a few he should have finished this tourney, but nice composure by Weah in the box to put that away.

Could have some early encounters with France over the next few weeks, women likely to face them in the quarters barring some group stage chicanery

With Nigeria getting a draw, it might have been a better move to have done the same and gotten third the group.

That being said, you can’t blame the boys for wanting to win. And it course it was Weah who scored after my earlier comment.

Hopefully Paxton was just being rested, because this team is woeful in possession without him.

With Nigeria getting a draw, it might have been a better move to have done the same and gotten third the group.

That being said, you can’t blame the boys for wanting to win. And it course it was Weah who scored after my earlier comment.

Hopefully Paxton was just being rested, because this team is woeful in possession without him.

Problem is that both Mendez and Durkin are suspended for the next game. Would feel a ton better about our chances if all 3 of Pomykal, Mendez and Durkin were available.

Problem is that both Mendez and Durkin are suspended for the next game. Would feel a ton better about our chances if all 3 of Pomykal, Mendez and Durkin were available.

A part of me think thats we might be okay. I haven't been that impressed with Mendez in the two matches I watched (Ukraine and Qatar). He's seem to have potential but hasn't put it together yet at this level. Durkin is a great distributor, but slooooooooow.

Playing France we will probably want to sit more defensively and counter. A MF three of Pomykal, Cerillo (quicker, destroyer DM type) and Servania might be better equipped for that assignment. We'll see.

Could very play Mali. Tied 1-1 with France now and look dangerous to score again.

A surprisingly high point threshold for 3rd place teams. Norway on 3 points and a plus 8 goal differential and Portugal on 4 points are both out.

France it is then

Make sure to provide details of our glorious upset tomorrow, as I will be proctoring our EOG during the match. Why couldn't it be at 2:30 EST like all the others? I could have at least watched the second half, and probably found away to watch the entire thing. Such BS.

Yeah the 11:30 kick off is awkward.

USMNT play Wednesday night as well vs. Jamaica. Jozy is back, goals are coming.

Back