• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

D7wVA14W0AEVeEw.jpg:large

Going to the US/Jamaica friendly next week. Who on the US is worth paying attention to?

Bryang Kayo (Wake commit) is currently playing with the U17YNT, however, he was called into the U23/USMNT training camp this week in Annapolis. Pretty damn impressive.

Honduras getting absolutely worked this tournament. 0 goals for. 14 goals against. Carlo Costly is not walking through that door.

Strange lineup for the U20's. No Dest or Polmykal. Servania back in, and McKenzie starting alongside Keita and Richards.

I know Servania is a Deac, but I'm not really sure what he provides in the CM that Durkin and Mendez don't. He's definitely a big drop off from Paxton. Would much rather see Ledesma out there try to play in the creative role, our MF looks very disjointed.

Also Timmy Weah has been invisible for huge stretches of this tournament. Not a good sign, for a guy who is suppose to be a fringe senior team player.

I'm not giving the game 100% of my attention at work but it seems like every time I look down Qatar is controlling the ball.

This game is awful so far. US looks either scared or content with a draw. No energy and no cohesion. Qatar could be up a couple with better play in the attacking third.

And yeah, Weah, for a guy that practiced with PSG's first team and gets minutes at Celtic, should be dominating this tournament.

Jesus Christ. Keita with an awful turnover in the back, Ochoa bails us out.

Keita also has not impressed me this tournament. Would like to see McKenzie slotted in to his spot beside Richards if we advance.

Back