• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Have we been switching GKs for the U20 every game? I hadn’t really noticed that until today.

Have we been switching GKs for the U20 every game? I hadn’t really noticed that until today.

Scott hasn’t looked impressive all tournament. I think most were calling for Ochoa to start last match as well, after impressing vs Qatar

Getting bullied earlier by Ecuador, they look stronger, quicker and more up for it.

And now Dest is dead. Great.

Or not. He’s back up.

Not excited to see Keita and Konrad starting. Would prefer McKenzie and Llanez. I am glad that Ochoa is starting in goal though.

I’m also not really sure Chris Durkin is that good. Seems too slow to be effective at the DM against talented opposition. Kind of like Mikey Bradley these days.

Keita is so fucking sloppy in possession. Decent 1v1 defender but holy shit does he give me nightmares on the ball

Golazo for ECU but aided by acres of space due to Mendez and Durkin not stepping up and applying pressure.

Neither Mendez, nor Durkin, do it for me in the CM.

And de la Fuente must be Catalonian for turnover. Kid loses the ball every time he has it wide.

I have no idea how this team beat France.

Of course immediately as I type that Weah scores and we just about get a second a minute later on a tasty counter

Prove me wrong kids.

Second Ecuador also goal comes off the CM not closing down and giving up an uncontested shot from distance

Bring Servania or Cerillo on a halftime for Durkin. These three together are just too soft.

And Durkin doesn’t cover the ground needed to allow Mendez and Paxton the freedom to get forward.

Keita was just terrible that half. Konrad (again) doing absolutely nothing. We need 4-5 subs right now which is an issue.

Keita -> McKenzie
Uly -> Konrad
Ledezma -> ???
Servania -> Durkin

You have to make 3 of those I think

On loan from Celtic FC. Was toppish MLS pick last year after a great career at Indiana before he decided to go the Euro route. He's been great for Independence even though they are god awful.

He won the Herman Trophy last year at IU. He's a very skilled attacking left back.

Keita was just terrible that half. Konrad (again) doing absolutely nothing. We need 4-5 subs right now which is an issue.

Keita -> McKenzie
Uly -> Konrad
Ledezma -> ???
Servania -> Durkin

You have to make 3 of those I think

Just tell Keita to hoof it every time he feels the slightest of pressure., and bring on Servania or Cerillo for Durkin ASAP.

Ledezma and Llanez come on around the 60th minute.

That's what I would do.

Mendez is a turnover machine who has the left foot that is ALMOST dangerous.

We’ll see him back in the USL in 2-3 years. It needs to be Ledezma time soon.

Back