• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Tab got it wrong from the start in this one. 3-4 players really struggled and it cost us

Tab got it wrong from the start in this one. 3-4 players really struggled and it cost us

Agreed, and I think he got it wrong in every match with the starting lineup except for Nigeria. Its subs were decent, but he's seems unable to pick a starting lineup that actually suits the opposition, something that's been a problem in the last three tournaments.

Three QFs in a row is an accomplishment, but not winning of them is something that shouldn't be glossed over. Especially when the three losses where to Ecuador, Venezuela and Serbia. Not exactly soccer powerhouses. Hopefully Tab is replaced by a coach who knows how to prepare his team properly for big matches.

Unfortunately I missed today's match for my niece's graduation. Can someone explain the VAR decision on Ecuador's second?

I really dislike Mendez. I know he is talented and probably should like him, but he gave up the 1st goal yesterday by playing just atrociously lax on Charcopa, and he just seems to play way too chippy and casual. It is an awful mix. I have no idea if he is a primadonna, but these are two traits of almost every primadonna on a pitch.

It went to VAR - the player who received the ball and scored was behind the ball when it was passed, so it was not offsides.

This slow possession system is such TRASH

I tried to warn y’all

Both of the Berhalters can go fuck themselves

The worst part is that we're going to gut out a 2-1 victory against fucking Guyana next week and all will be well!

Berhalter needs to change, or go. The only time his system has looked remotely coherent was his first match against Panama, which was fielding a B/C team at best.

I still can't believe we installed a Guardiola wannabe, who has never won anything playing that way, as our head coach. Oh wait his brother Jay is the COO of US Soceer, no wai! And the president of the organization is a hedge fund parasite, who has zero clue how to run a soccer organization.

FUCK IT ALL

Last edited:
If he’s trying to be like Pep and this is the play...wow he’s even worse than I thought

If he’s trying to be like Pep and this is the play...wow he’s even worse than I thought

That's his plan. Use an inverted outside back to bring another CDM in to the MF and dominate possession. He's emphasizes side-to side "safe" passing aS we wait for holes to open up in the defense.

It may work for a man who has months of daily training to implement that system, along with billions of dollars to buy the correct players for it. It does not work for the USMNT who sometimes gets two days of practice before a WCQ and doesn't have the talent to properly implement it.

He wants to make Pulisic a CM, and Tyler Adams a RB. Berhalter is a CLOWN.

Arriola is such a garbage finisher. I can see why Tijuana wanted him to be a RWB. Of course GGG has him penciled in as a starting winger.

Back