• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

about as useless as the name wil with only one L

What’s worse is that his name is William, and he chooses to go with one L.

You can never trust a man who makes that decision.

And oh god, not Weston. Our CM will be non-existent. Please be a cramp.

DISCLAIMER: Tim fucking Ream does not play outside back or centerback or left bench or in stadium in this 442 diamond

he plays with his tuba at home. womp womp.

Shit, Boyd has played up top professionally. Put him up there instead of Zardes. At least he works hard.

Just got home from the game. Good crowd save there were some no shows. Thoughts:

1 - Bradley should just fucking retire. He was so fucking woof in half one. He was lazy moving without the ball. He did simple poorly when he was on the ball. A bit better in half two but for as shit as his replacement was when he came off it still was an improvement. This team has to find a real #6 or they are going to really struggle. Will Trapp? Really?

2 - I fucking hated our back line besides Zimmerman being somewhat passable. Ream at LB was woof.

3 - Zardes is a lazy shit. Lazy. LOL on his goal - we were sitting in row 3 behind the goal and it looked like he started to cry when the ball came off his face.

4 - Boyd and Arriola were the only real bright spots in half one. Guyana made Boyd look like Robben out there. But he impressed.

5 - Not sure what happened to McKennie. Hope it isn't serious.

Death. Taxes. Someone in the AO section bitching about Bradley.

I was behind the other goal, cringing every time Bradley would receive the ball and pass it backwards without even thinking about turning when no one was on him. And then if he ever did face forward I'd cringe even more as he'd pass it directly to the other team. Someone seriously needs to take him out to pasture and just put the bullet in his international career.

I was behind the other goal, cringing every time Bradley would receive the ball and pass it backwards without even thinking about turning when no one was on him. And then if he ever did face forward I'd cringe even more as he'd pass it directly to the other team. Someone seriously needs to take him out to pasture and just put the bullet in his international career.

Yeah Bradley just always passes it back almost instantly and when he does pass it forward it seemed to get intercepted or to a guy with no space. I also wonder if there is some tension between him and Pulisic as he almost never passes to Pulisic who seems to be the one guy able to break down a defense with his speed/skills and should be the first guy you look for whereas Walker who was on the opposite side of the field from Pulisic is often trying to cross it over to him and Arriola on much more difficult passes.

So if we could find a serviceable #6 to pair with Pulisic and McKennie along with Boyd, Altidore, Sargeant, and Arriola upfront you should have a competitive front 6 that can provide scoring opportunities but our D appears to be struggling now. Not sure if D issues are talent or just meshing together since a bunch of new faces. Walker and Lima seem solid and can mature into good players and Miazga has potential, but agree with others that Ream and Long seem like disasters and not strong or quick enough. Hopefully Tyler will be a main stay as he has upside when healthy but where is Yedlin???? How is he not playing in front of Ream?? That seems like a major major upgrade as Yedlin has great speed and can create pressure from outside. My guess is there isn't a player on the other side worried one iota about Ream coming down the flanks.

bring back Dax!

Yedlin out with a groin, Brooks hurt too

I'm not an MB4 hater, but that was pretty boring to watch him ping it back all night

Yeah Bradley just always passes it back almost instantly and when he does pass it forward it seemed to get intercepted or to a guy with no space. I also wonder if there is some tension between him and Pulisic as he almost never passes to Pulisic who seems to be the one guy able to break down a defense with his speed/skills and should be the first guy you look for whereas Walker who was on the opposite side of the field from Pulisic is often trying to cross it over to him and Arriola on much more difficult passes.

So if we could find a serviceable #6 to pair with Pulisic and McKennie along with Boyd, Altidore, Sargeant, and Arriola upfront you should have a competitive front 6 that can provide scoring opportunities but our D appears to be struggling now. Not sure if D issues are talent or just meshing together since a bunch of new faces. Walker and Lima seem solid and can mature into good players and Miazga has potential, but agree with others that Ream and Long seem like disasters and not strong or quick enough. Hopefully Tyler will be a main stay as he has upside when healthy but where is Yedlin???? How is he not playing in front of Ream?? That seems like a major major upgrade as Yedlin has great speed and can create pressure from outside. My guess is there isn't a player on the other side worried one iota about Ream coming down the flanks.

yeah, if we can get 7 into our front 6 then we would really be cooking with gas !

Adams and Yedlin are both hurt. Zimmerman was nothing special last night but he didn't butcher a couple of crosses like Long. And Ream was really bad out on the left. Richards from the U20 has got to get sprinkled in sooner rather than later. He was really good - almost mistake free - in that tourney. He's ready to start developing with the top team - young as he is.

Adams and Yedlin are both hurt. Zimmerman was nothing special last night but he didn't butcher a couple of crosses like Long. And Ream was really bad out on the left. Richards from the U20 has got to get sprinkled in sooner rather than later. He was really good - almost mistake free - in that tourney. He's ready to start developing with the top team - young as he is.

I'd like to see Richards integrated into the senior team as well. He was very impressive I thought in the U-20 WC.

To be fair to Ream, he's not a left back. Whether he's good enough to be part of the center back pool is another question but he absolutely shouldn't be playing left back.

Someone please put a call into into Toljan's agent and beg him to come play LB for us. What is Ream doing there? Hell, I'd rather have 18 yo Gloster there. Is Garza hurt? He's turrible but looks like Digne compared to Ream.

I'd like to see Richards integrated into the senior team as well. He was very impressive I thought in the U-20 WC.

To be fair to Ream, he's not a left back. Whether he's good enough to be part of the center back pool is another question but he absolutely shouldn't be playing left back.

Tim Ream is an awful footballer. End of.

Back