• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Pulisics finishing is pretty meh. Had the two best chances of the half.

Bringing Jozy on for Zardes should help the attack tremendously

My hot take from three rows behind the US goal in half one - Bradley is past it. Way past it. And Zardes is a lazy shit. Boyd and Arrieola were solid. And god our LB is slow. Really hard to watch these guys. So tentative and they never force the issue when they don�t have the ball

Agree on all three. Zardes has always been lazy and Ream has always been slow. Bradley used to have enough speed to be respectable, but now he's just getting smoked.

I have not been impressed by Zimmerman or Long so far. Both with some shaky moments and nervy distribution.

My hot take from three rows behind the US goal in half one - Bradley is past it. Way past it. And Zardes is a lazy shit. Boyd and Arrieola were solid. And god our LB is slow. Really hard to watch these guys. So tentative and they never force the issue when they don�t have the ball

Death. Taxes. Someone in the AO section bitching about Bradley.

xG proven stupid if the US's chances were only .97 in the first half like the commentators said

Pulisic was point blank and Arriola's chance was a better than 50/50 chance too

it really is a crap stat, guys. and I love my stats

And just like that, Capt Slowpoke with a great ball and Boyd with an excellent touch and finish.

Are we allowed to call that a good signing? :)

Brilliant goal by Zardes, oh wait it accidentally bounced off his face

there has not been a worse footballer to play for the USMNT than Tim Ream since the early 90s

he is fucking abysmal. nothing he does is impressive in the slightest

His legs are completely gone. How can you be such a fanboy of someone who was so mediocre even in his prime

he was pretty good in his prime when he was doing very strong work in Serie A

one of the best CMs that the US has ever produced. he was average tonight despite that assist to Boyd (ball was played too late and line should have pulled him offside, but Guyana is crap)

I love watching McKennie play so much. I think he's the most accomplished midfielder the US has over the last two years. He can be creative and possess and distribute, but he's such a tireless worker with good speed and toughness. Just put Adams and him in the middle behind Pulisic and let them close down anything and everything.

Bradley is past his prime, but bitching about him instead of Ream, the CBs, etc... is just lame.

Also, this:

Bradley is definitely slow and methodical, and is a huge liability against a team with a quick and aggressive MF, but asking for Wil Trapp to take his place in the starting lineup us the kind of thing that gets you slapped. Trapp is beyond useless.

I love watching McKennie play so much. I think he's the most accomplished midfielder the US has over the last two years. He can be creative and possess and distribute, but he's such a tireless worker with good speed and toughness. Just put Adams and him in the middle behind Pulisic and let them close down anything and everything.

I like McKennie too but this team is too weak at the back without a dedicated DM

we would be destroyed on the counter by any decent side. what about a 4-4-2 diamond

crap back 4
Adams
Boyd McKennie
Pulisic
crap front 2

Bradley is definitely slow and methodical, and is a huge liability against a team with a quick and aggressive MF, but asking for Wil Trapp to take his place in the starting lineup us the kind of thing that gets you slapped. Trapp is beyond useless.

about as useless as the name wil with only one L

Back