• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

pre-finals beach tailgate here in Chicago -- all are invited

fingers crossed for USA-Mexico

I thought about it, but I'm not not sure we will make it to the final. Got bit in 2015 as well, had front row tickets and flights booked. Guzan called for a handball outside the box vs Jamaica...

we've got a small crew planning to go no matter what, but trying to decide whether to buy tix now or wait

have had good success getting tix on the secondary market at Soldier Field, but if Mexico is playing then it's much less likely

we've got a small crew planning to go no matter what, but trying to decide whether to buy tix now or wait

have had good success getting tix on the secondary market at Soldier Field, but if Mexico is playing then it's much less likely

I think you'll find reasonable tix on the secondary as soon as the semi for the US ends.

one of my first nights in Chicago, I scalped a ticket to USMNT vs. Honduras for the 2010 WC qualifier

Honduras national team was staying in the same hotel as my dad -- tons of fans in the lobby around the clock

For tonight, my guess is:

Steffen
Lima-Zimmerman-Miazga-Lovitz
McKennie-Bradley-Pulisic
Boyd-Zardes-Arriola

-Ream has SUCKED at this hybrid LB position and Lovitz is one of GGG's bois
- Long still isn't 100% fit, no need to re-injure him tonight
- Zardes starts tonight because GGG loves him, but more importantly because Jozy is coming back from injury and managing his minutes in a tournament is very important. Dude loves to get injured in tourneys.

If the Aussies score again, there's a very good chance France and Brazil would face off in the knockout round. Tough road for France.

As has become the trend in these tournaments looks like one half of the draw could be stacked. Norway, Australia, France, Brazil, US and one of Japan and England all likely on one side

Why am I watching this Panama-Trinidad and Tobago game?

D9YtVkQX4AAwaJA

Back