• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

For someone who doesn't value our opinions at all, DD seems to care an awful lot about them

The VAR this tournament has just been abysmal. Would rather go without if this is what we get. Or do goal scoring reviews only

it is weird to me that Guyana plays CONCACAF while CONMEBOL brings in two Asian countries to round out the Copa America

it is weird to me that Guyana plays CONCACAF while CONMEBOL brings in two Asian countries to round out the Copa America

Well, Guyana has always been in CONCACAF, even though it's not in FIFA.

It is weird that we get a 9 start. Minnesotans are a late-arriving crowd? Glad I have this week off, 10pm ET starts are brutal

Well, Guyana has always been in CONCACAF, even though it's not in FIFA.

It is weird that we get a 9 start. Minnesotans are a late-arriving crowd? Glad I have this week off, 10pm ET starts are brutal

Definitely not the home crowd issue. Our MLS games kick off at 7. I will say this time of year if you want a true "night" game you need to kick off around 930 pm. Maybe that's the reason. Or maybe west coast tv is the most important to US Soccer. Think I'll head over tonight. Tix aren't that expensive and can catch the second half of panama trinidad.

So who gets the start tonight? My guess

Steffen
Lima - Long - Miazga - .... Ream? Lovitz?
Arriola - McKennie - Trapp - Zardes (I'm guessing he still hasn't figured out what works in Columbus doesn't work on USMNT)
Pulisic
Altidore

Panama more likely to be entertaining than the USMNT.

True. But there will be about 7 people at that game. We have sizable populations of Mexican and Ecuadorian fans. I suspect we have about 12 people in this state from Panama and Trinidad combined. Supposed sell out for the US game. We'll see how that holds up.

So who gets the start tonight? My guess

Steffen
Lima - Long - Miazga - .... Ream? Lovitz?
Arriola - McKennie - Trapp - Zardes (I'm guessing he still hasn't figured out what works in Columbus doesn't work on USMNT)
Pulisic
Altidore

My guess

Steffen
Lima - Long - Miazga - Ream
Boyd - McKennie - Bradley - Pulisic
Morris - Altidore

Back