• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Couple fun clips from a couple young Yanks this past weekend. Love that Sargent isn't just a finisher, but a capable hold-up striker

Chris Gloster making the move to PSV. Good opportunity for him if he’s going to make the next big step in development.

Both Gloster and Ledezma now as PSV looking to make a name for themselves. We've got quite a few youngsters on a couple quality good Dutch teams...more than I can ever recall.

Interesting article. Did anyone else get the video in the middle of the above article about Mexico winning both the men's and women's "Homeless World Cup"? Were you as dumbstruck as I am that such a thing exists?

2185 pages for a team that sucks as bad as we do? I don't get it, this is kind of like the basketball recruiting thread since Manning was hired, what is the point?

2185 pages for a team that sucks as bad as we do? I don't get it, this is kind of like the basketball recruiting thread since Manning was hired, what is the point?

You're right. You don't get it.

you do realize the thread was started in 2013, right?

or did your keen observations skills just let you down on that one?

you do realize the thread was started in 2013, right?

or did your keen observations skills just let you down on that one?

Yes I fully understand that, but haven't we pretty much sucked since 2013? I like soccer but don't think it will ever be equal in the US to Basketball, Football (the real one) or Baseball, kind of like Ice Hockey. Personally hope it does but don't think it likely

It's almost like the entire world doesn't play those other sports. Holy shit I never thought of that before

Yes I fully understand that, but haven't we pretty much sucked since 2013? I like soccer but don't think it will ever be equal in the US to Basketball, Football (the real one) or Baseball, kind of like Ice Hockey. Personally hope it does but don't think it likely
The point. It went right by you.

yeah, but this is also the MLS thread!

Plus, we're Wake Forest fans. If we quit talking about things we like just because they suck at some point, there'd be nobody here.

Back