• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

U-23 call-up Mason Toye had quite the night against the league leaders

Haven't seen it posted here but saw on twitter that Tim Weah has a "very bad hamstring tear" so that's not great. Get well soon.

Hadn't heard of him but saw this article today and thought of your comment. Sounds like the kid's having a great rookie year.

http://americansoccernow.com/articl...ng-as-a-rookie-of-the-year-amp-u-23-candidate

I suggested on this thread a while back that folks should keep an eye on him. A lot goes into being a Nat but he is a very athletic and versatile player. Not the most creative but he covers ground fast, has solid instincts and can bomb the ball from deep. Will be interesting to see how he develops. Chase Gasper has also had a great rookie campaign for MNUFC and plays left back. I just question whether he would be athletic enough to play at the national team level.

Can't wait to see us use this against Mexico. "If do right, no can defend"

Such a pointless international break and pointless Mexico cash grab match

So what should we do while Eufa Euro qualifying is going on for the next week? Or the folks in CONCACAF Nations league matches trying to make the next Gold Cup? Not play? Play some nobody instead of Mexico?

Some interesting Euro qualifying groups happening. A Finland win against Greece today and they are looking good to qualify for their first major tournament.

Kosovo with a home win against Czech Republic would be in a good position to qualify for their first as well.

There are also a handful of historically competitive teams on the verge of flaming out.

U17s with a nice comeback win against Mexico in the 4 Nations Cup (glorified U17 WC warmup). Goals by Reyna and Pepi with Wake commit Bryang Kayo getting the start.

Coincidence? I think not. Hey Netherlands, F off. He's ours.

Back