• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Nobody. I know pretty much nothing about Juve. Looking at their roster he's got to compete for playing time against Bentancur, Ramsey, Rabiot...?

Think they're trying to get rid of Ramsey, but he's on ridiculous wages. With Pjanic leaving there seems an opening. Definitely a tough team to walk into though.

Think they're trying to get rid of Ramsey, but he's on ridiculous wages. With Pjanic leaving there seems an opening. Definitely a tough team to walk into though.

I’ve been seeing Juve fans talking about how they badly need fresh legs in the midfield for a few weeks so hopefully he’s got a shot

I’ve been seeing Juve fans talking about how they badly need fresh legs in the midfield for a few weeks so hopefully he’s got a shot

Yeah I think Wes will actually get some run. The box-to-box guys (Matuidi and Ramsey) are supposedly out the door. Assuming Pirlo goes 4-3-3 he should get plenty of PT.

Very exciting move. We’ll have USMNT players getting regular minutes at Juve, Chelsea, Man City, Leipzig and Ajax (if Dest stays) next season.

Yeah I think Wes will actually get some run. The box-to-box guys (Matuidi and Ramsey) are supposedly out the door. Assuming Pirlo goes 4-3-3 he should get plenty of PT.

Very exciting move. We’ll have USMNT players getting regular minutes at Juve, Chelsea, Man City, Leipzig and Ajax (if Dest stays) next season.

I also think Reyna makes an impact this year at Dortmund as a more established sub. Crazy that he's only 17.

I think Reyna will be a starter. He was fringe last season and now has 4 goals in 3 preseason matches

I also think Reyna makes an impact this year at Dortmund as a more established sub. Crazy that he's only 17.

Damn completely forgot about Reyna. He’s been starting in their preseason games, so he should get plenty of time. Can’t wait to see our wunderkids dominate at Azteca in January 2022.

Damn completely forgot about Reyna. He’s been starting in their preseason games, so he should get plenty of time. Can’t wait to see our wunderkids dominate at Azteca in January 2022.

It's great he's playing in preseason, but he was on the field for less than 500 minutes last season. I'd be thrilled if he was a rotational starter this year. Seems to be competing with a mix of Sancho, Hazard, Guerriero, Brandt, Witsel as well as the 17 yo Bellingham they bought for 35 million. Marco Reus is also back this season.

There has to be some concern that Chelsea has recruited over Pulisic or that perhaps his minutes will be shared at this point?

There has to be some concern that Chelsea has recruited over Pulisic or that perhaps his minutes will be shared at this point?

Not if he continues how he played 2nd half of the season. I think Mount and Abraham are in a tough spot though.

Well the rumor flying around is that he’s going to wear the #10 this season, as Ziyech took #22 and Willian was the old #10. So I’d say he’s definitely in the first team plans.

Pulisic-Werner-Ziyech
Havertz

That will most likely be there front four when everyone is available. Mount subbing in on the wings and at CAM. He might also move back and play CM. Abraham providing depth at the second striker, as Werner can play anywhere in the front three.

Well the rumor flying around is that he’s going to wear the #10 this season, as Ziyech took #22 and Willian was the old #10. So I’d say he’s definitely in the first team plans.

Pulisic-Werner-Ziyech
Havertz

That will most likely be there front four when everyone is available. Mount subbing in on the wings and at CAM. He might also move back and play CM. Abraham providing depth at the second striker, as Werner can play anywhere in the front three.

glad you got it all figured out for them including Abraham as a 10.

glad you got it all figured out for them including Abraham as a 10.

Second striker = backup striker

My bad. Wrong language, but you get it. Especially in the context of the rest of the post.

But thanks for stopping by 90’s VHS tape watching soccer uncle

Not if he continues how he played 2nd half of the season. I think Mount and Abraham are in a tough spot though.

He was unquestionably their best player since return. That's not just USA blinders on, Chelsea fans I know from our UK office think so as well.

He just needs to be healthy, stay healthy, and play like he has been lately. And if he can't do that, well, where IS he gonna see the field a lot if he can't do those things?

Back