• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

I'm watching the women vs North Korea right now, mostly because I don't have much else to do but pack.

For someone who never really played soccer and therefore sometimes struggles to make sense of what's going on (tactically, etc.), the slower pace of the women's game is easier for me to keep track of. How's that for a backhanded compliment?

Also, this German referee is incredibly tall. She looks really awkward when she runs.

Soooo which one?

I don't know I don't watch the MLS. Jason Kreis sounded relatively promising. It would only take a guy who finishes midtable to equal Bob's pedigree. I'd love if Klinsmann took over not for his coaching but because he apparently transformed Germany's whole federation and development and got rid of the old guard and went for merit instead. And he said he'd take the job if he had been given that power. He's supposedly a technical novice (like Bradley) but good at motivating the players and is good with making his team more fit than the rest. And his assistant coaching choices for the national team is unparalleled. So there you go I gave you names, you can stop trying to trip me up in your defense of a shit coach now! Hope you can accept now that I'd take almost literally anyone else. I believe we're in legitimate danger of not qualifying with Bradley.

Our women seem to defend just as well as our men. Our women defenders love to turn it over a lot just like our men.

I don't know I don't watch the MLS. Jason Kreis sounded relatively promising. It would only take a guy who finishes midtable to equal Bob's pedigree. I'd love if Klinsmann took over not for his coaching but because he apparently transformed Germany's whole federation and development and got rid of the old guard and went for merit instead. And he said he'd take the job if he had been given that power. He's supposedly a technical novice (like Bradley) but good at motivating the players and is good with making his team more fit than the rest. And his assistant coaching choices for the national team is unparalleled. So there you go I gave you names, you can stop trying to trip me up in your defense of a shit coach now! Hope you can accept now that I'd take almost literally anyone else. I believe we're in legitimate danger of not qualifying with Bradley.

Klinsmann has already said no so no need to even mention his name. Even I would ditch Bob for Klinsmann but unfortunately there is no chance of that happening. And to say we are in danger of not qualifying is just laughable. Put some money where that thought comes from and bet me that the US will finish outside the top 2 in hexagonal. Any price you want. Any position lower than 2nd.

I'm watching the women vs North Korea right now, mostly because I don't have much else to do but pack.

For someone who never really played soccer and therefore sometimes struggles to make sense of what's going on (tactically, etc.), the slower pace of the women's game is easier for me to keep track of. How's that for a backhanded compliment?

Also, this German referee is incredibly tall. She looks really awkward when she runs.

I'm watching too and that right back from PRK is abusing our left back

Why would I bet against my country? Furthermore I said I think we're in danger of it happening, not that it's going to happen. You're desperate because you don't have a good point. Klinsamnn isn't an option because Sunil won't give him the power. I think he should be given the power. Don't tell me to give you any name then reject the names because it hurts your point

Why would I bet against my country? Furthermore I said I think we're in danger of it happening, not that it's going to happen. You're desperate because you don't have a good point. Klinsamnn isn't an option because Sunil won't give him the power. I think he should be given the power. Don't tell me to give you any name then reject the names because it hurts your point

You named an unrealistic name. I will say no to that. It seems like you are content with just firing bob and going on a blind coaching search. I would think after watching NC State do that twice and being a national laughingstock that you would have learned by now.

OptaFranz OptaFranz
45 – Half Time Stats USA-PRK: 0-0 goals, 7-7 shots, 2-2 corners 72%-63% pass completion, 56%-44% possession. Analysis.

You named an unrealistic name. I will say no to that. It seems like you are content with just firing bob and going on a blind coaching search. I would think after watching NC State do that twice and being a national laughingstock that you would have learned by now.

He is on record as saying he would take the job if he was given the power he wanted which I say should be given to him. I also threw out the name Jason Kreis. Now if I'm only allowed to want a coach if I'm dead certain he's coming, yes I guess I am stuck with Bob Bradley because as a fan I can't know the inner workings of a prospective coach's mind. And lol at mentioning State, since with our wild goosechase we still tremendously upgraded over a bad coach. I'm done with this

OptaFranz OptaFranz
45 – Half Time Stats USA-PRK: 0-0 goals, 7-7 shots, 2-2 corners 72%-63% pass completion, 56%-44% possession. Analysis.

Not watching thanks to my new POS work computer. Is it totally outlandish to think the North Korean women are basically the 21st century equivalent to East German women?

Finally putting multiple shots on goal, but none seem to have that much on them.

It amazes me out frequently world cup caliber women can completely whiff.

He is on record as saying he would take the job if he was given the power he wanted which I say should be given to him. I also threw out the name Jason Kreis. Now if I'm only allowed to want a coach if I'm dead certain he's coming, yes I guess I am stuck with Bob Bradley because as a fan I can't know the inner workings of a prospective coach's mind. And lol at mentioning State, since with our wild goosechase we still tremendously upgraded over a bad coach. I'm done with this

Lowe over Syndek was a downgrade. But no need to go into that. Klinsmann did show intrest, we can agree on that. He even interviewed. He then made it clear that the USSF would not give him the power he wanted, thus he was no longer interested. Maybe we could go for a double switch of Sunil and Bob for ????? And Klinsmann. Though I don't know who the ????? Would be.

Awesome cross and a solid header. Nice goal

USA 1-0 N Korea

Back