• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

" But if she had failed to finish it, they would have been talking about how that was another great opportunity missed by the US, like Lloyd's shot over the bar or the shots off the bar...not about how she nearly made a stunning shot."

How does that at all diminish the goal? Wtf. A forward scored a good goal, made a good assist, and drew a red card. That's a great game, you know it, and for some reason are trying to hold on to your pride by saying it isn't. Ironic, because if you just said something like "well she proved me wrong" or something like that no one would be teasing you and your pride wouldn't be so wounded right now

This is all correct. I don't get it either.

Alex Morgan played a hell of a match today. She did nothing that deserves criticism.

Thought she was right footed, so I was wrong if she's in fact left footed.

Either way I just disagree about the talk about blowing another opportunity. People would have said "what a ball by Rapinoe" (rightfully so), but if she had shot it roughly where she did and it was saved the discussion would have been how phenomenal a save it was.

Two ways of saying the same thing really. It would have been more surprising if she hadn't scored, either way.

" But if she had failed to finish it, they would have been talking about how that was another great opportunity missed by the US, like Lloyd's shot over the bar or the shots off the bar...not about how she nearly made a stunning shot."

How does that at all diminish the goal? Wtf.

It doesn't. I don't think you'll find an instance of me saying it was a bad goal (as if such a thing exists).

The irony is that her cross -- simple as it was after the soccer gods placed the ball at her feet through no work on her part -- went to the player I predicted would score for the US within 6 minutes of when she did it (in extra time no less, which there was no guarantee would happen at that point). Yet you all still chose to focus on my very true statement at the time it was made.

Still waiting for someone to explain to me why Shannon Boxx was still in the game too. Where were all of you soothsayers on that? She should have been done by the 70th.

I guess I should have just watched the match and played rah rah rah and not tried to comment on what was actually happening, lest something happen that runs counter to it.

If this was about someone less good looking than Alex Morgan, I suspect people wouldn't have reacted the same way. Pathetic...not like any of you have a chance.

Last edited:
It doesn't. I don't think you'll find an instance of me saying it was a bad goal (as if such a thing exists).

The irony is that her cross -- simple as it was after the soccer gods placed the ball at her feet through no work on her part -- went to the player I predicted would score for the US within 6 minutes of when she did it (in extra time no less, which there was no guarantee would happen at that point). Yet you all still chose to focus on my very true statement at the time it was made.

Still waiting for someone to explain to me why Shannon Boxx was still in the game too. Where were all of you soothsayers on that? She should have been done by the 70th.

I guess I should have just watched the match and played rah rah rah and not tried to comment on what was actually happening, lest something happen that runs counter to it.

If this was about someone less good looking than Alex Morgan, I suspect people wouldn't have reacted the same way. Pathetic...not like any of you have a chance.

It's not about Alex Morgan being hot, it's not even about you being wrong as all of us frequently are, it's that you're obviously wrong and refuse to admit it. Hilariously

that goal was awfully lucky if were being honest. he hit it dead at Casillas.

great moment though.

Had a lot to do before that though too with holding off the defender. His raw strength got him that goal, not so much his pace. Then he just smashed it rather than trying to be too cute. But most players that don't have his upper body strength wouldn't have been able to hold off the defender there I don't think.

It's not about Alex Morgan being hot, it's not even about you being wrong as all of us frequently are, it's that you're obviously wrong and refuse to admit it. Hilariously

What am I wrong about that I actually said, as opposed to what has been attributed to me?

Still don't think people would have reacted the same way if it wasn't her. A few people even said as much about criticizing "their girl". Not hard to imagine others thinking the same but not saying so.

What am I wrong about that I actually said, as opposed to what has been attributed to me?

Still don't think people would have reacted the same way if it wasn't her. A few people even said as much about criticizing "their girl". Not hard to imagine others thinking the same but not saying so.

Quote them.

Jesus you know better than this. Ball was deflected right to her. No other choice than to go for a cross from that position, and it was wide open.

Easy assist.

Oh my God you fucking bitches.

What I said was absolutely true. Morgan hadn't done anything to help in an organized attack and had done plenty to hurt.

Some people have all the luck. Someone whose daddy gives them a Lexus for soccer and are blessed with blinding speed and good looks I guess fall into that category. She got lucky having that ball fall to her too. Not much to do after that but dribble to the byline and cross it in front of the goal to the best header in the history of the women's game.

I'm sure you all are having fun...I wouldn't want facts to get in your way.

Again...six minutes off on the goal by the correct scorer. Let's see any of you do better.

Whatever dude.

She scored a pretty decent goal but it would have been more of a surprise if she hadn't finished it, if you're honest about it. The great ball from Rapinoe put her in.

Then she did nothing but lose the ball in the final third for the next 40 minutes before a ball bounced off another player and fell right to her feet. She took about three dribbles toward the byline and Wambach couldn't have been more open. For a national team level player, it was pretty basic.

The best play she made was in drawing the penalty. There she had some work to do. Unlucky that she didn't either get to the box or get fouled further out where there was more room for the set piece.

I didn't say "wow she's a horrible player". I said she hadn't been much help in the attack outside of long balls, which up until the cross to Wambach had been true. She kept losing the ball, and was not really a threat to turn and burn with it. I knew if she got passed the ball that the attack was more or less over. Like I said, right place, right time. Some people just have things break their way. Unfortunately for the US, Rachel Buehler is apparently not one of them.

Feel free to continue to distort truth at your leisure.

She finished it right-footed? Are you sure?

Regardless, the pass put her in. Of course she beat her player...most strikers are faster than the defense, and she's faster than most strikers.

Like I said, it was a pretty decent goal. But if she had failed to finish it, they would have been talking about how that was another great opportunity missed by the US, like Lloyd's shot over the bar or the shots off the bar...not about how she nearly made a stunning shot.

Again, Rapinoe gets no credit from the casual fan. Her ball did about 80% of the work. She was involved in most of their goals in the knockout stage. DV7's quite right in his praise of her.

She's fast...but she's been worthless outside of those long ball breaks. Of course, she scored the goal on one.

You were saying that she hurt the team and her goal and assist were nothing more than luck and basic play.

I can't imagine getting that worked up of women's soccer just to not admit I was wrong about women's soccer. Astonishing.

You were saying that she hurt the team and her goal and assist were nothing more than luck and basic play.

You are seriously fucking retarded.

Find a specific reference, and show me how it was false at the time it was made.

Not a matter of opinion, or later something happened that runs counter to it, but demonstrably false at the time it was made.

You can't fucking do it, so that's why you blanket quote pretty much everything I've said and then put your own spin on it, which isn't even accurate.

There were actually a good many more snide comments to people but they don't make much sense without the quote of the other person he was answering

I can't imagine getting that worked up of women's soccer just to not admit I was wrong about women's soccer. Astonishing.

Statement wasn't wrong at the time it was made. There was no forward-looking statement.

I love how you gloss over what I was right about, which in most circles where people aren't looking for ways to make me look bad was a pretty badass call. I wish it had been the game winner...even if some of you were glad to point out that it ended up not being. I would have been glad if someone had scored in the 120th to win it for the US.

There were actually a good many more snide comments to people but they don't make much sense without the quote of the other person he was answering

Great...still looking for falsehoods. Not stuff you don't agree with.

you don't seem too glad that Alex proved you wrong

She didn't you fucking fucktard. I didn't make any predictions about anything she would do in the future. I did about Shannon Boxx, and she put the first nail in the coffin in penalties after doing nothing for most of regular time.

Btw, I'm especially impressed that all of 1 person has actually had the temerity to identify themselves on their negrep.

Last edited:
You are seriously fucking retarded.

Find a specific reference, and show me how it was false at the time it was made.

Not a matter of opinion, or later something happened that runs counter to it, but demonstrably false at the time it was made.

You can't fucking do it, so that's why you blanket quote pretty much everything I've said and then put your own spin on it, which isn't even accurate.

ok, let's try this again.

She's fast...but she's been worthless outside of those long ball breaks. Of course, she scored the goal on one.

This basically started it all. You called her worthless outside of long balls. Worthless would generally = bad. In between this post and the next post of yours there were several plays where Morgan did well and someone quoted your post to rub it in your face

Ball fell right to her and she could hardly do anything else. But yes, she was able to make the delivery.

Six minutes off, officially.

Because you don't want to admit that she's not worthless besides long balls, you try to diminish her assist.

LOL fuck off.

Who else called this?

This just sets up Wambach to be the game winner.

Give me 110th minute.

Sorry, didn't anticipate the deflected ball off a defender going right into a perfect crossing situation.

Shut up. I had this nailed. The big lesbian > Dainty Flowers or whatever they are.

Again, saying it wasn't really that good because the ball deflected off a defender and she had no choice but to cross. Trying to diminish again

Jesus you know better than this. Ball was deflected right to her. No other choice than to go for a cross from that position, and it was wide open.

Easy assist.

Easy assist. Trying to diminish because you don't want to admit it. Everyone disagrees and thinks she did well to provide the assist

Oh my God you fucking bitches.

What I said was absolutely true. Morgan hadn't done anything to help in an organized attack and had done plenty to hurt.

Some people have all the luck. Someone whose daddy gives them a Lexus for soccer and are blessed with blinding speed and good looks I guess fall into that category. She got lucky having that ball fall to her too. Not much to do after that but dribble to the byline and cross it in front of the goal to the best header in the history of the women's game.

I'm sure you all are having fun...I wouldn't want facts to get in your way.

Again...six minutes off on the goal by the correct scorer. Let's see any of you do better.

She's just lucky, not good. Do we need to go over the absolute idiocy of this one?

Whatever dude.

She scored a pretty decent goal but it would have been more of a surprise if she hadn't finished it, if you're honest about it. The great ball from Rapinoe put her in.

Then she did nothing but lose the ball in the final third for the next 40 minutes before a ball bounced off another player and fell right to her feet. She took about three dribbles toward the byline and Wambach couldn't have been more open. For a national team level player, it was pretty basic.

The best play she made was in drawing the penalty. There she had some work to do. Unlucky that she didn't either get to the box or get fouled further out where there was more room for the set piece.

I didn't say "wow she's a horrible player". I said she hadn't been much help in the attack outside of long balls, which up until the cross to Wambach had been true. She kept losing the ball, and was not really a threat to turn and burn with it. I knew if she got passed the ball that the attack was more or less over. Like I said, right place, right time. Some people just have things break their way. Unfortunately for the US, Rachel Buehler is apparently not one of them.

Feel free to continue to distort truth at your leisure.

You only said she hadn't been much help? Nay, you called her "worthless". Also, again there were several posts in between your original alluding to good plays from Morgan that weren't the goal or assist". Then of course you say some people just have things break their way, again denying that Morgan was GOOD.

She finished it right-footed? Are you sure?

Regardless, the pass put her in. Of course she beat her player...most strikers are faster than the defense, and she's faster than most strikers.

Like I said, it was a pretty decent goal. But if she had failed to finish it, they would have been talking about how that was another great opportunity missed by the US, like Lloyd's shot over the bar or the shots off the bar...not about how she nearly made a stunning shot.

Again, Rapinoe gets no credit from the casual fan. Her ball did about 80% of the work. She was involved in most of their goals in the knockout stage. DV7's quite right in his praise of her.

You're clearly saying the strike wasn't that good. Try to bend it anyway you want.

Again, you called Morgan worthless outside of long balls, she did a lot beside long balls, you denied it at every opportunity in a hopeless and hilarious attempt to save face.

When everyone else in the room is arguing against you... you are probably wrong.

Write that down.

Back